Defrosting.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And a starting handle. No ashtray though!!
Synchro mesh? Double de-clutching? Manual choke.
Wasn't life simple.

Crash gears,yup had a starting handle if needed BUT
i did have two ashtrays if i recall:lol:, oh and the faster you went the slower the wipers worked and hitting 60 mph,they stopped:lol::lol::lol:
as you can see,it was a fastback!

9kA

9kA

index.jpg

Crash gears,yup had a starting handle if needed BUT
i did have two ashtrays if i recall, oh and the faster you went the slower the wipers worked and hitting 60 mph,they stopped

I found a picture of you driving your first car. :lol:

unnamed.jpg

When i change my car in a couple of years i will be looking for one with a heated screen and parking sensors, air con is also a must for demisting.

Don't forget heated seats, they're amazing, no waiting for your heater to start working.

What a load of tarts you all are with your heated seats , heated windows,heated windscreens and interior heaters:roll:
My first car was a 1948 Ford Prefect and that had no heating at all, did it bother me,na,but then i am a tufty:whistle::lol::lol:

Ah memories! :thumb: :thumb:

In Scunthorpe the Policeman they appointed as Mr. Tufty was a psychopath who they daren't let roam the streets. The kids loved him!

My Dad gave me a Ford Prefect after I smashed myself up on a motorbike and had nine months off work. A great car but the windscreen wipers would stop functioning when you tried to overtake anything in the rain.

A more useful feature that with it being a side-valve engine you could put in a thin shim to reduce the engine compression and then run it on dirt cheap Tractor Vaporising Oil (TVO) - allegedly. :whistle: :whistle:

The Morris 8 did have the flick out trafficators, but unfortunately it didn't have a heater. It also didn't have a cigarette lighter so, in a fit of generosity, my Mum bought Dad one as a Christmas present. It took him about four hours to wire it up and fit it so that he could reach it. About a week later he tossed it out of the window; just like he did with matches! :doh:

Another memory was that the Morris 8 doors opened "backwards". I was riding with Dad one day with my Godmother in the passenger seat. She went to open the window and inadvertently opened the door! My very quick thinking parent managed to grab hold of her jacket and bring the car to a stop before she fell out onto the road! :thumb:

Happy Days! :thumb: :thumb:

Ah memories! :thumb: :thumb:

In Scunthorpe the Policeman they appointed as Mr. Tufty was a psychopath who they daren't let roam the streets. The kids loved him!

My Dad gave me a Ford Prefect after I smashed myself up on a motorbike and had nine months off work. A great car but the windscreen wipers would stop functioning when you tried to overtake anything in the rain.

A more useful feature that with it being a side-valve engine you could put in a thin shim to reduce the engine compression and then run it on dirt cheap Tractor Vaporising Oil (TVO) - allegedly. :whistle: :whistle:

The Morris 8 did have the flick out trafficators, but unfortunately it didn't have a heater. It also didn't have a cigarette lighter so, in a fit of generosity, my Mum bought Dad one as a Christmas present. It took him about four hours to wire it up and fit it so that he could reach it. About a week later he tossed it out of the window; just like he did with matches! :doh:

Another memory was that the Morris 8 doors opened "backwards". I was riding with Dad one day with my Godmother in the passenger seat. She went to open the window and inadvertently opened the door! My very quick thinking parent managed to grab hold of her jacket and bring the car to a stop before she fell out onto the road! :thumb:

Happy Days! :thumb: :thumb:
Ahhhhhhhhhh the good old days:thumb::lol:
One thing with the Prefect was that you could sling it into a corner and do a great drift,cause the **** just went it's own way:thumb:

I guess the other side of the coin is the Vauxhall Insignia I drive today. :thumb:

Heated screens, AC, Automatic Gearbox and Cruise Control. The onboard computer tells me how many miles I have to go before I change the oil, how far I can go on the fuel available in the tank, average MPG and a load of other stuff.

The last thing it did to freak me out was halfway to the Caen Ferry back in November when it put up the sign "Your Windscreen Washer-Bottle is getting low." WOW! After starting with a pop-bottle full of soap suds, it came as a real shock to find out there was an alternative to discovering that you had no windscreen wash-water just when you needed it most! :lol:

I don't miss the old cars at all! :thumb:

Question) When we get driverless cars (pah!), will we still have to clear the windscreen?

Question) When we get driverless cars (pah!), will we still have to clear the windscreen?

Driverless cars... what bonehead dreamed that one up? It's getting so that absolutely everything will be done for us... to what end? Us lot don't just like supping ale - we like making it. Get ready for some freak to invent ale that sups itself, y'know to save us all the time and hassle.

Driverless cars... what bonehead dreamed that one up? It's getting so that absolutely everything will be done for us... to what end? Us lot don't just like supping ale - we like making it. Get ready for some freak to invent ale that sups itself, y'know to save us all the time and hassle.

Look on the bright side, no more worries about drink driving.

Went into the tesla shop in Cambridge. ...they have their own dedicated breakdown service. ......says a lot.
Gull wing cars....**** in the multi storey....
Mahogany dash board....looks ****..
60k. ....they're having a Turkish. ....
Sales chap looked like he was going to lay an egg with my two boys jumping round in it...

Back