WOWs Glorious WOWs...

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Graz

Landlord.
Reaction score
Yet another batch on, both 1 gallon..

1L WGJ
1L Pineapple Juice
900g sugar
3 bag cup of tea
Usual other stuff...

1L RGJ
2L Blueberry Juice Drink
900g sugar
3 bag cup of tea
Usual other stuff...

I've read mixed reports about using pineapple juice in WOWs so will be interesting to see how that one turns out.

Hope you didn't fill the pineapple one too high. ;)

Be interested to hear how the blueberry does.

Up to the shoulder like usual, climb out of the airlock job then!

The blueberry one is a bit fuller as by the time I'd added 3 cartons of juice + the sugar dissolved in hot water it was already at the shoulder, the cup of tea took it higher!

I've only ever done 1 pineapple and it was the most fascinating lava lamp ever !! Very volatile !! Didn't rave about it taste wise but it was one of my first so may have been that 🤣

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Made a 2L Clementine and 1L Pineapple a few weeks back and its the only one our lass has really liked so far (I liked it as well to be fair)- cant remember it going that mental during fermentation either but I've had some crazy ones using apple juice for some reason.

Lived up to expectations. Full on lava lamp after a couple of days and yesterday morning it was climbing its way out of the airlock. Hastily rigged up a blow off tube as it showed no signs of slowing. Seems to have settled a bit this morning so may well refit the airlock tonight.

Never ceases to amaze me how much gas a teaspoonful of yeast can release from a bag of sugar. Amazing stuff :D

Finally bottled these the night before last, I'd stabalised them and added finings a few weeks back but the pineapple wine was taking a bit longer to clear than usual then life got in the way and they sat in the demijohns for a few more weeks. Doesn't seem to have done any harm though, both tasted okay and the wife said the pineapple one was particularly good. You can definitely taste blueberry in the the blueberry wine too, quite pleasant.

Probably give it a few more weeks before having a bottle. Now pausing the WOWs for a bit as I have quite a few to get through + the 30 bottle Wine Buddy Sauvignon Blanc kit I've just bottled. I've also got a 30 bottle Cellar7 red kit I want to make.

Latest posts

Back