dry hopping with styrian golding?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

samnorfolk

Landlord.
Reaction score
Ive got a batch of bitter on the go, used fuggles @ 60 and EKG @ 20 was wondering if it would be worth dry hopping with some styrian

I dry hopped my last 23L brew with 40g Styrian Bobek and it came out tasting fantastic. I'd say if the style fits then go for it.

Go for it.
Used in TT Landlord with Goldings and Fuggles as you have done yourself.

Terry
Did his one turn out ok?
It's a recipe I was considering from the wheeler book.
Got the Styrian hops yesterday but noticed theyre favoured more for lagar

That's reassuring old boy 😴
I did a Dana brew,turned out nice,have used Styrian Goldings a good few times and like them a lot and also mixed some Celeia in with them and used them that way as well. Will be doing those in a Kolsch when it gets cooler:thumb:The Kolsch i made with the Styrian mix was a good one.

Just for info I remember reading that Styrian Goldings used to be a mixture of Bobek and Celia in unconfirmed amount meaning that it was different every time you bought it. A few years back it was decided that it would be sold only as Styrian Goldings if that is what it is

It can be very confusng as some people still supply Styrians and some will give the others instead depending on teh country of origin
I tend to but Bobek and Celia separately and mix them 50/50 so I know any recipe is repeatable but still think this is different to the original Styrian Golding.

Just for info I remember reading that Styrian Goldings used to be a mixture of Bobek and Celia in unconfirmed amount meaning that it was different every time you bought it. A few years back it was decided that it would be sold only as Styrian Goldings if that is what it is
IMHO Celeia is an absolutely gorgeous and underrated aromatic hop, Bobek a bit less so I think. Have you ever tried Aurora (Super Styrian)? I'd like to hear how that one performs as an aroma hop.

Terry
Did his one turn out ok?
It's a recipe I was considering from the wheeler book.
Got the Styrian hops yesterday but noticed theyre favoured more for lagar
What I meant in my post re TT landlord was that they are used in the TT brewery version :thumb:, presumably as a dry hop or late boil hop (see the TT website)
Anyway I have recently used Styrian Goldings as a 40g dry hop to a Coopers AuPA and its turned out good. And yes I'll probably do it again

Back