Best commercial beer

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone had Grozet from the Williams Bros ? Very drinkable

Wasn't that taken with it, but have only had one and was in the middle of a couple Perfect Storm IPA from the same brewers.

Sierra Nevada Pale Ale is my favourite commercial beer. It's not the most exciting beer ever, but it means a lot to me. It was my first real exposure to hoppy American style craft beer, I drank (lots of) it on the night before my wedding, and when we did a west cost of America road trip I found it to be even more delicious (it's probably fresher). I don't drink it super often any more but now and again I can't resist picking one up.

Very similar here mate, we got married in September 15 and did a west coast road trip for our honeymoon, I had bags of Sierra Nevada and I still love it :) also had Anchor Steam Beer which is a belter.

I have to say I am partial to Ringwood 49'er from my local asda .

Talking of beers from Asda, they're currently doing boxes of 12 bottles of Goose IPA for a tenner, lovely beer.

I also love Allendale APA, Black Sheep IPA, Devil's Backbone, St Austell Proper Job, Brewdog Jack Hammer and my local brew, Mad Goose. As you can see I'm an IPA fan and a hopmonster.

Whitbread Trophy. No contest.

What, this stuff? I think the pint in the ad has ideas above it's station. More like the pint that thinks it 3 gallons!

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6n1hQdCdCP8[/ame]

had a sadlers thin ice for the first time last week,bottled and was beautiful with the exception of their Worcester sorcerer they make bloody lovely ales
ps was �£1.25 from B&M well worth it

Sadlers Hop Bomb is pretty good.

Elvis Juice from Brewdog
Oh my goodness
What a pronounced taste of hops,swmbo said after i poured it,what is that!
Good though but definitely not a session beer.

I struggled with it....and was glad it was just a small bottle.

Down to personal taste, I guess, but I thought the grapefruit was over-pronounced, and the hops overblown.

I'd have another now, like, if it was free.

I struggled with it....and was glad it was just a small bottle.

Down to personal taste, I guess, but I thought the grapefruit was over-pronounced, and the hops overblown.

I'd have another now, like, if it was free.

If it interests - Magic Rock's Highwire Grapefruit is a much better hoppy craft IPA/grapefruit combo.

My fav at the moment is Hop House 13

Another lager but here's a better tasting one.

Clonmel1650.png

I've enjoyed every Beavertown beer I've tried. I had Neck Oil on tap at the Ship and Mitre in Liverpool - one of the nicest pints I've ever tasted.

Yes I had my first Gamma Ray on tap in the Brewdog bar in York, it was a hot afternoon and it was nice and cold. I think I preferred it to the Punk IPA which kind of surprised me as I like that too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back