Hi All - Brazilian Homebrewer in Maidenhead area

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leosardinha

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I have just moved from Brazil to UK and will resume home brewing in the next couple weeks.

I am brewing since 2012 and I am looking forward to meet the home brewing community in the area.

Cheers

Welcome to the forum. I'm usually in Maidenhead every other weekend or so, so I'll be more than happy to swap some bottles.

Welcome, always interesting to have members from other parts of the world

What do you like brewing?

I really like brewing those hoppy American Ales with a big citrus punch.

I also enjoy drinking British bitter ales but never succeed much on brewing to get the fermentation character I recall when I drink them, let's see if I succeed with this now in UK haha

I really like brewing those hoppy American Ales with a big citrus punch.

I also enjoy drinking British bitter ales but never succeed much on brewing to get the fermentation character I recall when I drink them, let's see if I succeed with this now in UK haha

Yeah you cannot go wrong with the big citrus punch!!!

I think British Ales I find a little more tricky.. The big citrus hops make it easy on US ales but I think with British ales I think a big part is getting a good yeast and not chucking in a neutral dry yeast.

Yeah you cannot go wrong with the big citrus punch!!!

I think British Ales I find a little more tricky.. The big citrus hops make it easy on US ales but I think with British ales I think a big part is getting a good yeast and not chucking in a neutral dry yeast.

That's exactly what I meant haha

Let's see if I can improve on that, if I achieve it I send you a bottle

Hi leosardinha and welcome to the forum.Plenty of help and info about regardless what you are brewing.Maybe you can give some info on South American lagers,Ales etc,maybe do a little write up once you are settled as I enjoy reading on the web about different beers from around the world but nice to get some insight.:cheers:

Welcome to the forum Leosardinha. Do you have any traditional Brazillian beers you can recommend brewing? Perhaps a recipe or two?
You must be busy settling in just now, so there's no rush....tomorrow should be OK...:party::rofl::drink:

Hi leosardinha and welcome to the forum.Plenty of help and info about regardless what you are brewing.Maybe you can give some info on South American lagers,Ales etc,maybe do a little write up once you are settled as I enjoy reading on the web about different beers from around the world but nice to get some insight.:cheers:

Thanks Gerryjo,

I will surely do that maybe put in a brewday or so.

@gerryjo and @marlon

Unfortunately the South American scene for craft beer is quite new and 99% of the beer is those standard American lagers with a lot of corn and rice to make them as light as possible.

We do have some craft beer that caught attention but not a specific style. I can comment on a brewery called 2 cabeças that collaborate with brewdog on a Passion Fruit IPA, if you guys have interest I can share this recipe as I might be able to reach it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Gerryjo,

I will surely do that maybe put in a brewday or so.

@gerryjo and @marlon

Unfortunately the South American scene for craft beer is quite new and 99% of the beer is those standard American lagers with a lot of corn and rice to make them as light as possible.

We do have some craft beer that caught attention but not a specific style. I can comment on a brewery called 2 cabeças that collaborate with brewdog on a Passion Fruit IPA, if you guys have interest I can share this recipe as I might be able to reach it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
We're all up for recipe's.I'm sure it would certainly be worth a try.

Sent from my ALE-L21 using Tapatalk

Back