Hello everyone!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MerlotMark

Reaction score
Hi there,

I'm Mark and I'm relatively new to the wonderful world of home brewing... but loving it already!

I've been living in France (Bordeaux region) for the past 15 years so was a bit stunned when we moved back home to Blighty (Cambridgeshire to be precise) and 'rediscovered' the price of wine and beer here :doh:! Even buying bag-in-boxes doesn't save you any money (whereas a 5 litre decent Merlot was around 8 Euros in my local supermarche)!

Anyway, as such I decided to try making my own using a kit. I bought all the necessary basic hardware and a Beaverdale Nebbiolo 30 bottle kit. To be honest I was highly dubious about how it would turn out and given that the price per bottle is barely above a quid I didn't hold out much hope for a good result. How I was wrong :)! I was amazed that I could produce a quality wine - better than the 'cheap' supermarket stuff at £3.50 a bottle - in my own home with a plastic bucket and a little bit of patience!

So that was that - I'm now a dedicated home brewer who will never buy another bottle of wine from a supermarket again! I've yet to try brewing beer or cider but I'm pretty sure I'll give it a go at some point before the year is out :grin:!

Looking forward to joining in the conversations here and gaining much needed knowledge of my new found hobby from the many experienced experts that contribute here.

Kind regards and all the best,
Mark

Latest posts

Back