Hi all, just joined

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nottsbl

Reaction score
Hello all, new member here,

I first tried home brewing a few years ago, as a hobby, after being made redundant, but then gave up - pressure of events! I've now taken early retirement (just one year short of the real thing!) so I've started again.

I had 12 kits in the garage from 3-4 years ago that I'd never got round to making (mostly coopers but a few others) plus brewing sugar, and coopers LME / brew enhancer etc. I've managed to make some nice tasting beers from them in the last couple of months which has given me the impetus to continue. I also bought some AG kit a few years ago (mash tun / boiler) which I've never used but hope to now.

[The sugar / LME was all solid but melted down a treat. I ditched all the yeast, obviously, and bulk bought Wilkos ale yeast. I've so far made 2 coopers stout, one coopers lager, and 1 Wilko golden ale and they all taste pretty good. Just one coopers english bitter, one coopers mexican cervesa, 2 wherrys, one Brupaks yorkshire bitter and 1 more wilko golden ale to go! Then I'll try an All Grain. All kits 3+ years old, but with fresh yeast they all seem to brew up a treat. But I do have a pretty coarse beer palette!http://cdn.thehomebrewforum.co.uk/images/smilies/icon_e_smile.gif]

Hello all, new member here,

I first tried home brewing a few years ago, as a hobby, after being made redundant, but then gave up - pressure of events! I've now taken early retirement (just one year short of the real thing!) so I've started again.

I had 12 kits in the garage from 3-4 years ago that I'd never got round to making (mostly coopers but a few others) plus brewing sugar, and coopers LME / brew enhancer etc. I've managed to make some nice tasting beers from them in the last couple of months which has given me the impetus to continue. I also bought some AG kit a few years ago (mash tun / boiler) which I've never used but hope to now.

[The sugar / LME was all solid but melted down a treat. I ditched all the yeast, obviously, and bulk bought Wilkos ale yeast. I've so far made 2 coopers stout, one coopers lager, and 1 Wilko golden ale and they all taste pretty good. Just one coopers english bitter, one coopers mexican cervesa, 2 wherrys, one Brupaks yorkshire bitter and 1 more wilko golden ale to go! Then I'll try an All Grain. All kits 3+ years old, but with fresh yeast they all seem to brew up a treat. But I do have a pretty coarse beer palette!http://cdn.thehomebrewforum.co.uk/images/smilies/icon_e_smile.gif]
greetings and a warm welcome nottsbl:thumb:a fellow 53er

Latest posts

Back