Blueberry wine

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tau

Landlord.
Reaction score
This time used frozen blueberries, just 450g, boiling water over crushed and simmered strained liquid into demijohn (save taking off must just a rack after a fortnight) with disolved sugar.

450g Blueberries (maybe has 25g of sugar content)
730g sugar
2 ltrs of rgj (lidl's) (320g sugar content)
2 tea bag tea for tannin
1 tsp of pectolase, yeast nutrient and citric acid.
Harris premium yeast used (again to much liquid in had to go for a low foaming yeast, would have rather used gv4)

Started an hour ago, fermenting already.

I'm planning to do this but 450g doesn't seem enough for flavour.

Have you made this before?

I'm planning to do this but 450g doesn't seem enough for flavour.

Have you made this before?

It was surprising how much juice and flavour came from just 450g. Saying that even in wow's just a litre of blueberry with just a few percent in gave reasonable flavour of blueberry to the red. For a pure blueberry wine with no grape, then I'd go for 3lb of blueberries.

I can't imagine how this will turn out. I did a red grape and blueberry (2ltr grape, 1ltr blueberry) recently and the blueberry is almost overpowering. Missus thinks it's great though. But she'll sup owt.

Racked onto camden today. Just felt like it was done, so tasted and took a reading 0.990 before putting camden in. Surprised this was so swift.

Latest posts

Back