Register Now!
The HomeBrew Forum > Beer Brewing Talk > Beer Brewdays! > AG No. 4. BBN Citra Saison Clone

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26-06-2017, 07:51 PM   #11
Beersort
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 31
Liked 7 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default

I plan to do this beer very soon. Although maybe might do the magnum first addition as a FWH. What do you guys reckon?

Belle saison is a machine last time I used it the FG was 1.001!
Beersort is offline  
jafski Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2017, 10:10 PM   #12
JFB
Senior Member
 
JFB's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 568
Liked 175 Times on 131 Posts
Likes Given: 174

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beersort View Post
I plan to do this beer very soon. Although maybe might do the magnum first addition as a FWH. What do you guys reckon?

Belle saison is a machine last time I used it the FG was 1.001!
As long as you run it through some software and get the ibu's you want it should be fine.
I just made a version, but used a mixture of citra and centennial as I only 50g of citra and also added 2% acidulated malt. Fingers crossed it comes out well.
__________________
No Chillin...
JFB is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2017, 12:28 PM   #13
jafski
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Norwich, Norfolk, UK.
Posts: 76
Liked 21 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 52

Default

This came out lovely. After two weeks in the bottle nice crisp beer, got a bit of musky spice from the yeast and the Citra is there, though more subtle than I expected. This may go quickly.
jafski is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2017, 03:16 PM   #14
Oneflewover
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 123
Liked 50 Times on 36 Posts
Likes Given: 38

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jafski View Post
This came out lovely. After two weeks in the bottle nice crisp beer, got a bit of musky spice from the yeast and the Citra is there, though more subtle than I expected. This may go quickly.
That's good to hear! My next brew will be based on the BBN recipe in that book. Would you make any tweaks?
Oneflewover is offline  
jafski Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2017, 04:51 PM   #15
Beersort
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 31
Liked 7 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default

Ordered ingredients for this. Might dry hop 50g extra though. Also subbed flaked wheat for torrified.

Plan to use Belle Saison as its a very good dry yeast.
Beersort is offline  
jafski Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2017, 11:42 AM   #16
jafski
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Norwich, Norfolk, UK.
Posts: 76
Liked 21 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 52

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beersort View Post
Ordered ingredients for this. Might dry hop 50g extra though. Also subbed flaked wheat for torrified.

Plan to use Belle Saison as its a very good dry yeast.
That's a great idea, I think that this would be improved with a more upfront hoppiness, though it's nice as it is. I thought if I did it again I'd dry hop it.
jafski is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2017, 11:43 AM   #17
jafski
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Norwich, Norfolk, UK.
Posts: 76
Liked 21 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 52

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oneflewover View Post
That's good to hear! My next brew will be based on the BBN recipe in that book. Would you make any tweaks?
As above, I'd probably dry hop with Citra as well, maybe only 10 - 25g, just to get the hoppiness more upfront than it is.
jafski is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2017, 08:38 PM   #18
Beersort
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 31
Liked 7 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default

Did anyone do a 90 minute boil when brewing this? Just thinking of DMS and the Pilsner malt
Beersort is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2017, 06:47 AM   #19
jafski
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Norwich, Norfolk, UK.
Posts: 76
Liked 21 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 52

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beersort View Post
Did anyone do a 90 minute boil when brewing this? Just thinking of DMS and the Pilsner malt
Just 60 mins once the hot break had gone, and no sign of DMS at all.

The steep step may also have helped with this, I don't know. But anyway, no issues.
jafski is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Citra Saison - BBNo 01|01 - ideas? mr_bridger General Recipe Discussion 7 23-05-2017 08:49 PM
Brewdog Citra Clone Hoover Beer Brewdays! 10 22-09-2016 11:29 AM
Saison Dupont Clone Brewberoza General Recipe Discussion 6 31-08-2015 07:57 PM
AG# 28 - Citra Clone Cononthebarber Beer Brewdays! 5 29-03-2014 04:16 PM
Saison Dupont Clone Dr Jacoby General Recipe Discussion 8 19-01-2011 10:12 AM

Newest Threads