2013 cask system build

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spura

Reaction score
Good morning,

Would like to ask smart advise!!!

Due that in my region nobody use real cask beer ( I know, its weird ) I am willing to build one.

I have ordered few brand new stainless pins from Hereford casks, but need everything else...please help...

I understand that I need if pin will be empty longer than in one week...-

- Beer engine ( used or refurbished? where/ which company)
- Cask vent/ breather?? where?
- Cask hop filter?
-What else???

Thanks in advance!!!

What exactly are you trying to achieve? - and is this for home use or commercial?
The beer engine and cask breather can both be picked up on eBay - buying new could be prohibitively expensive :hmm:

Thanks for your kind reply.
Well, in region where I live, we do not use cask system, only kegs, so as I really am passionate and like English beers, I have decided to invest to create REAL CASK system to achieve maximum authentic feelings and taste, but using 21st century possibilities...
And yes, that will be only for personal use at home.
Regarding beer engines, maybe somebody can give some light how to make "smart buy"( I mean where to pay attention) with beer engine as I really plan to look around in UK or ebay

spura said:
Regarding beer engines, maybe somebody can give some light how to make "smart buy"( I mean where to pay attention) with beer engine as I really plan to look around in UK or ebay

They traditionally come in 1/2 pint or 1/4 pint per pull types. Angram are very popular but there are others. You can buy replacement parts if required. There are loads available on eBay - prices can vary from bargain to expensive.

Back