Instant cooler - Lindr PYGMY 20 & photos

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just bought a Lindr 40k profs and would like to run mixed gas 70/30 with a stout/nitro tap for Guinness....has anyone done this or know a tap that will fit?

I had a terrible time with this machine to start with just pouring foam and beer was under carbed , the problem was I was not serving at a high enough pressure , I assumed it was because it was to high it was foaming , I carb my keg to 36psi now and serve at that and what a machine , ice cold pints every time I've never looked back , fancy a bigger one now
Im after some help
I too get a lot of fobbing issues with mine
Currently run 3inch of 3/8 Drop to about 5ft of 5/16 then back to 3inch of 3/8
The beer was slow carbonated in the keg over a period of 2 weeks and is kept cold in the keezer as soon as I attach the lines I see the co2 separating in the pipe when it’s standing what comes out the machine is cold but super foamy
So what setup would you recommend for using a keg that was kept at fridge temp and carbed and then is now outside so warming up ?
Any beer I run from my kegorator is fine ass all the lines/keg and tap are kept at the same temp

Hi there,
Could someone please help me as I am an absolute rank amateur at all of this and therefore measuring PSI and line length is a complete foreign language to me so please bear with, ha!!...

But my dear wife purchased the single pump Lindr dispenser for me and simply following the “you-tube” dummy set-up @ (),

I tapped my first keg of Carling and then a keg of Thatchers over the last couple of months but although perfectly chilled the beer and cider certainly appears to be quite flat,
Can anybody give me some pointers as that would be highly appreciated!!...

Many thanks....

These makes no sense to me, you have to control the temp of the keg, if you don’t you will ultimately have over and under carbonation issues.

How are people doing this without having there own temp controlled cellar?

These makes no sense to me, you have to control the temp of the keg, if you don’t you will ultimately have over and under carbonation issues.

How are people doing this without having there own temp controlled cellar?

So is “carbonation” the problem I’m having ??
(I’m sorry I don’t even know what that is...)

And is that why my beer is flat because the keg is basically just kept outside in my bar and not in a chilled cellar??...

(Again I apologise but I’ve got no idea about any of this.....)

Just bought a Lindr 40k profs and would like to run mixed gas 70/30 with a stout/nitro tap for Guinness....has anyone done this or know a tap that will fit?
Did you ever find a stout tap to fit?

Did you ever find a stout tap to fit?
It looks like tom036 only ever posted twice over a year ago, I borrowed 1 of these for a while and it looks like it takes a standard tap that goes into whatever the standard thread is so unless the Guinness taps use a different thread I think you should be able to get one. I suggest you call a company that sells the system and ask them.

Hi did you slove your thatchers problem I am have same issue keep spitting out of the tap

I use these to dispense, if I can be of any help?
Hi
I think ive read every post but my set up is still pouring mega froth. I have a corny keg of IPA sitting in my garage prob around 7 degrees C. I have it connected to a 75k 2 tap Lindr. Ive had the co2 anywhere from 12 to 36 psi. All i get is froth. Too low and theres bubbles in the pipework. At 36(which i read on here) ends up with over carbed beer pouring thick froth. Im using the 3/8 beerline prob about 6 feet long keg to lindr. Any help appreciated.

Is the tap flow control all the way up?
Ive tried it fully restricted and fully open. I ferment under pressure, connected my keg at 20psi for a few days, it was not too bad for first couple but after a few days its just total froth..

I think you might be over carbed. I carb at 20 psi at room temperature (21 c), and reduce to a serving pressure of about 8 psi. My kegs are at room temp.

Lower temps require lower psi to achieve the same results, I have no 1st hand knowledge of lower temp carbing/serving, I got yhe lindr for the reasons of having no fridge for my kegs.

I think you might be over carbed. I carb at 20 psi at room temperature (21 c), and reduce to a serving pressure of about 8 psi. My kegs are at room temp.

Lower temps require lower psi to achieve the same results, I have no 1st hand knowledge of lower temp carbing/serving, I got yhe lindr for the reasons of having no fridge for my kegs.
Thanks, i kinda thought it was over carbed but i also read on here that you need the higher serving pressure. I will try and get some gas out the keg by burbing and try at a lower serving pressure.

They have handy carbonation charts like this: https://i.shgcdn.com/1012090c-bab1-...t/auto/-/preview/3000x3000/-/quality/lighter/

In general you need more pressure at higher temperatures to achieve the same carbonation.

I had a 2 tap Lindr in the past but this (going through CO2 rapidly) and the fact that my beers deteriorated quicker (especially hoppy beers) at room temperatures made me go for a fridge solution.

New to forum so hi all.
trying to find answers on my setup importantly am i doing this right?

so ive bought a lindr 20non k version
I have a c02 with a regulator all connected as per instructions. 1 polykeg 52pints😋 at room temp

ive opened my co2 and led to believe till it balances out see pic, my psi is set to 20psi

my pints seem fine a little foamy at first but seem ok on the next pour.
after using do i need to turn the co2 off?
Open to answers
Thanks
Tom

Glad I'm not bumping a very old thread as I've just looked into these, one question I have is about the noise of them, anyone with one, how bad are they? Some videos I've seen sound like a motorbike.

Latest posts

Back