Another Lidl TC

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Seems like we've all been to Lidl today!

Got the following brew on for Mrs nicks
Strawberries and lime cider

15 liter Lidl apple juice
1 litre vimto strawberry full fat cordial
0.5 litre full fat lime cordial
2 TSP yeast nutrient
2 TSP Young's yeast
1 TSP pectolose

OG of 1050, aiming for a finish of about 1005-1010 giving about 5.5%

Both cordials boiled to get rid of preservatives and the yeast activated in some tepid water with a couple of spoons of sugar, then all bunged in the fv to do it's thing!
Didn't add a cup of tea this time, as I forgot. Will not adding tanning really make much difference? If so I can add it tomorrow I suppose.

Once brewed I'll back sweeten it with some no added sugar lime cordial (full of saccharin) to taste before bottling it. I won't be drinking this - as I don't really get berry and lime cider, so it'll be sweetened and limed according to Mrs nicks taste buds!

Last edited:
Just got back with some more. I found a bottle about 6 months old and it had improved a lot. I think i am going to make a fruit syrup and use that for sweetening. Has anyone used a saison yeast for cyder? I have some M29 and thought i might try a 5l batch with it.

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!
my wall in the office is now an orange/red colour! Its gone mental and exploded out of the bubbler all over the wall.
Its only got 16 litres in the fv yet managed to fill the remaining 8 litre gap with bubbles and blow it all over the place - its still going mental 24 hours later.

Aaaaand it's bottled!
Final gravity of 1006 giving about 5.5% and it tastes properly nice.
Incredibly dry though.

So for bottling I added 30ml of lime cordial per 500ml pet bottle - which according to the ingredient dec is 4gm of sugar - and one sweetex.
Quick taste using that mix and it's blooming looooovely. Bit sweet, but I imagine some of the sugar from the lime cordial will disappear under secondary fermentation/carbing

Can't wait to try it out in a few weeks!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back