Brewdog punk'ed by Burning sky

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Slightly off topic - but does anyone else think the current Punk IPA tastes far more malty than it did say - 2 years ago?

There's an interesting rant on RealAleCraftBeer's YouTube channel about brewdog and I agree with a fair bit of it.

And if I'm honest. Do we really believe that the "lawyers" just did that all on their own? Do we all not recall how in control James was. Do we not think he has a final say and sign off on litigation measures before they are started?

I just think it's a bit of a lame excuse to blame "the lawyers" when they would have known what was going on.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If you ever get the chance to go to a meet the brewer with Mark Tranter, do it. One of my favourite brewers, brews excellent beers and a has refreshing view on brewery scale and ambition. Really not surprised by this given his love of Punk and business philosophy.

- from the Burning Sky website.
Coincidentally, I have just seen he's doing a Mtb at Dukes's Head Highgate this Friday 6-9pm, for you Londoners.

Sent from my C5303 using Tapatalk

And if I'm honest. Do we really believe that the "lawyers" just did that all on their own? Do we all not recall how in control James was. Do we not think he has a final say and sign off on litigation measures before they are started?

I just think it's a bit of a lame excuse to blame "the lawyers" when they would have known what was going on.

The way the article was phrased made it sound like the solicitors were not in house, and this sort of thing has happened before. Most companies would want to send cease and desists to anyone who tries to copy them. I can definitely see solicitor firms running almost on "autopilot" by sending these out without confirming with their client or understanding the business. Same thing happened to Metallica not long ago when their solicitor sent a cease and desist to a tribute band using the Metallica logo. The band members intervened and personally apologised.

The way the article was phrased made it sound like the solicitors were not in house, and this sort of thing has happened before. Most companies would want to send cease and desists to anyone who tries to copy them. I can definitely see solicitor firms running almost on "autopilot" by sending these out without confirming with their client or understanding the business. Same thing happened to Metallica not long ago when their solicitor sent a cease and desist to a tribute band using the Metallica logo. The band members intervened and personally apologised.

Thanks for the info. I didn't realise you would "outsource" your legal in such a manner. And that solicitors could incur you costs like that without authorisation.

This is why I don't work in the legal profession. But in engineering and business management.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

...but only if used in association with beer,beer brewing and beer selling. So you can for example. ..call your beer..go ahead **** make my day! As my namesake would say...

Having known many Punks and seen their riotous behaviour! i would have been more impressed if they had turned up at the leeds venue half cut on cider (does BD do a cider! anyway) give a v sign to the staff, **** on the Dartboard whilst shouting various quotes from Bullseye, order some beers then refuse to pay, shouting we own punk we own punk we own punk.......

Generally speaking!!

The latest venture

IMG_0764.jpg

Because now they have some serious venture capitalists and investors there are going to have to keep the pedal to the metal and constantly increasing revenue and increasing the bottom line.

Craft I ask you?????

Latest posts

Back