It's bloody warm tonight in the Northeast of England

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep, lucky for me I brewed like I was on a mission when the weather went cool last week and knocked out 2 Kolsch's and an APA which have all gone through primary at around 19C, now its just a case of waiting patiently for the right time to strike and switch the grainfather on, summer time is a bad time to try and get to critical mass

Well we are in the midst of the 'dog days' and will be until mid August - so named after the appearance of the dog star Sirius alongside the rising sun, not necessarily the tendency to peak heat in this period which makes dogs want to do nowt but sleep! But enough of that nonsense, the heat makes me wilt and I hate it with a passion (roll on October) but at least my ale should be happy cos I've now got a brew fridge.

Well we are in the midst of the 'dog days' and will be until mid August - so named after the appearance of the dog star Sirius alongside the rising sun, not necessarily the tendency to peak heat in this period which makes dogs want to do nowt but sleep! But enough of that nonsense, the heat makes me wilt and I hate it with a passion (roll on October) but at least my ale should be happy cos I've now got a brew fridge.

Interesting factoid about 'dog days' :thumb:

Back