Fermentation room

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aj65

Reaction score
Hi anybody built there own fermentation room? How big ?
How did you cool and heat it? Ventilation?
I have a few fridges set up but running out of plugs :whistle: so was looking for a larger solution

Yes I built my own, not at home at the moment so I will give you the size later but it is well insulated and the temperature is controlled by a reverse cycle inverter aircon 2500w probably cheaper to run than a couple of old fridges.
Size is 1,750mm x 1,700mm x 2,200 height got plenty of room for my fermenters plus the grain and all the other bits and pieces.
Usually keep at between 17 and 20 degrees C

Last edited:
Here are a couple of pics.

001.JPG

002.JPG

That looks a cool setup foxy
I have been looking at aircon units mobile and fixed .
I am trying to build 2 small rooms about 1.2x1.2m.x2.2m .. 1 for fermentation 1 for conditioning .. constructing walls is easy for me being a builder .
The aircon units are designed for larger areas and didn't really want to buy to units....
do you have some sort of heater setup aswell to regulate temp or is it just the aircon unit regulating the temp?
Do you have an external fan for the aircon aswell?

As I bottle and cask I leave them in the same room for fermenting and after 2 weeks conditioning move them into a cooler room, in the summer though I have to try and fit everything in the same room. It is a reverse cycle so summer and winter it just keeps the same temperature.

Don't know what reverse cycle means lol ... how much did you pay for the aircon?
Cheers

If you've got multiple fvs in there how do you maintain a consistent temp between them all? I always thought that if they're at differing stages of fermentation they'd produce different amounts of heat so wouldn't necessarily all be at the same temp.

Reverse cycle means that if it is colder, like at the moment it runs on heat mode, so today for instance it is 13 degrees C yet in the fermentation room it is 18 degrees in the summer when it is in the 30's it will be running on cooling mode still keeping it on 18 degrees. Cost was around 200 GBP.

As long as the fermenting beer is within the fermentation range (which they always are) it is the most economical way to ferment. This week the room will be getting re stocked by the end of the week I will have at least four fermenters in there.

wow now that,s what I call a set up.......mainly very jealous only just getting my head around a fermentation fridge although I have just bought an "INKBIRD" STILL GOTA START SOMEWHERE......:lol:

Latest posts

Back