Coopers Mexican Cerveza

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danfa31

Reaction score
Hi all,

First time post, or if isn't my first time, its been a long time!
I am about to start a brew of 'Coopers Mexican Cerveza'.
I have done all the reading and am happy to start bar one thing!

Instead of bottling it can I transfer the whole brew to a keg for tap distribution?
I find this easier and more convenient then bottling to 330ml or 500ml or whatever size..

Thanks in anticipation,

Dan

Hi all,

First time post, or if isn't my first time, its been a long time!
I am about to start a brew of 'Coopers Mexican Cerveza'.
I have done all the reading and am happy to start bar one thing!

Instead of bottling it can I transfer the whole brew to a keg for tap distribution?
I find this easier and more convenient then bottling to 330ml or 500ml or whatever size..

Thanks in anticipation,

Dan

Many homebrewers swear by kegs and you can pick one up from Wilko. Only advice I can give from personal experience is:

Don't over-tighten the cap.
Use something like vaseline or olive oil to lubricate the cap seal.
Be prepared to have to add more priming sugar half way down the keg. You dont want air bubbling back up through the tap.

From personal experience - check the brass nut is tight (use a spanner) if you go for a co2 cap.

I have done this kit into bottles and a keg, both were really good.

The only difference was levels of carbonation. In the keg, it was ok with decent head retention, but little fizz. In the bottle it was pub grade fizzy and tasted exactly the same.

So really, if your like me and a bit lazy, is it worth all the hassle of bottling just for bubbly beer?

Latest posts

Back