Beaverdale Shiraz

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

indy360

Reaction score
Hi all,

Newbie here!

I've got some plum wine on the go already due to a bumper crop this year from our plum tree and also a rose wow but I fancy trying a couple of kits to stock up for Christmas.

Other half is a white wine drinker and i'm red. I was thinking of doing a Solomon Grundy gold chardonnay and a Beaverdale Shiraz, both 30 bottle kits as i like the economy!

Anyone got any advice on these 2 kits or alternative suggestions?

Cheers

Hi all,

Newbie here!

I've got some plum wine on the go already due to a bumper crop this year from our plum tree and also a rose wow but I fancy trying a couple of kits to stock up for Christmas.

Other half is a white wine drinker and i'm red. I was thinking of doing a Solomon Grundy gold chardonnay and a Beaverdale Shiraz, both 30 bottle kits as i like the economy!

Anyone got any advice on these 2 kits or alternative suggestions?

Cheers

Hi Indy
in my opinion you can be a bit more forgiving with the white wine kits regarding price but the reds you really do need to go for mid range upwards like the beaverdales you have suggested or the CC kits all around £40 to £45 ish as full reds do need a high grape content. The mark of thumb is the more concentrate in the kit generally better. The cheaper red kits even thogh they claim to be full or reds make a thinner light red in reality not bad but if it its a full red you want you will be left wanting

Back