What was your favourite home brew beer in 2008, and why?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrewStew

Regular.
Reaction score
Mine was my first Rauchbier recipe.

for some reason I completely fluked it from throwing things together. it's the best pint i've ever made, and never managed to better it, despite desperate attempts since... the recent dodgy 5-step decoction for example :lol:

for me, it was what i consider to be the absolute perfect balance between bitterness, maltyness and aroma... it was like an orgasm in the mouth every time i drank it... and i drank it quickly! :lol:

so what was yours?

*mouth watering emote here* that was a very close second for me :thumb:

i'm brewing tard2 again this weekend hopefully :thumb:

I've gotta go with Fools Gold, i love those Nelson Sauvin :D Big Kenny is a very close second for me, both will be regulars in the Taipan bar :thumb:

Harvest Gold....in fact, i'm going to go and pour one :thumb:

One I did in november called Bouncing Squirrel ( I have a squirrel in the garden that bounces alot ) and having the very last pint of it now :(

Code:
5.50 kg Pale Malt, Maris Otter (5.9 EBC) Grain 91.67 % 
0.50 kg Caramalt (49.3 EBC) Grain 8.33 % 
40.00 gm Fuggles [4.20 %] (90 min) Hops 16.1 IBU 
30.00 gm Challenger [7.50 %] (90 min) Hops 23.5 IBU 
20.00 gm Challenger [5.60 %] (20 min) Hops 6.6 IBU 
1        Campden Tablet  
1 Pkgs SafAle English Ale (DCL Yeast #S-04) Yeast-Ale

Why well its light in colour balanced in hops and malt as well as being just to moorish even from the get go I had a piint from the FV initially it tasted that good :oops: :drink:

damfoose said:
One I did in november called Bouncing Squirrel
Ohh! Ohh! Ohh! Oooooohhhhhhhh! I've still got two bottles of that in the cold store . . . I know what I'm drinking tonight :party: :party:

Durden Park 1837 IPA-9% and the best tasting beer i've ever drunk anywhere. If reincarnation does happen i'd like to come back as an Army officer and be posted to India in 1837. :thumb:

My own recipe has to be Shelobs Sting. A fine strong and slightly sweet Ale. Full of malty biscuit and caramel flavours. Yummy but strong-6.8%

Fellow home brewers recipe must go to Spearmint Wino for Gail Porter-5.1%. Easy as, ready to drink as soon as you've got it in a keg, force carb'd it and cooled it down. Even tastes good chilled down to 8C for those who like it cold(er) :cheers:

BrewStew said:
... the recent dodgy 5-step decoction for example
:rofl: serves you right for trying to show off..!! :rofl: :rofl:

My wheat beer was the surprise hit of last year, I have a vial of wlp380 in the fridge and I plan to brew it again soon

subtle bump cos it's dropping onto the next page and i'm curious to what everyone thinks was their best beer ;)

Latest posts

Back