Oh Bugger!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sean_Mc

Regular.
Reaction score
Seem to have mustered the energy to convert my Nordic pots, invested in a bosh drill bit, even bought the oddbits to have a go at BigYin's dual coil chiller :thumb:

Measured up a centre point to fit the ballvalve and then the old corded drill went fudge :twisted:

Want to do a brew on Friday so has anyone seen any cheap corded drills about in the DIY sheds???

Netto had an 18v cordless in on monday £14.99. Variable speed, reverable drill action, 10mm keyless chuck. Dont know if thats any good.

I've got a 24volt cordless Mick, I need a corded one for drilling through SS pots

Sean_Mc said:
I've got a 24volt cordless Mick, I need a corded one for drilling through SS pots

That'll be fine. I did three pots on Sunday/Monday with my crappy old B&Q cordless drill.

Not going in Machine mart again, the guy said my drooling was causing the products to rust :lol:

Fancy drilling me pots for me James :grin:

I think I've marked it out on the lowest point, taking in to account the slight curve at the bottom :hmm:
It just seems so wrong drilling the pots, they've been sat there for over a fortnight now whilst I get over a lurgi, its certainly isn't as easy as drilling copper, my stick thin arms struggled when the drill worked.

My last brew was a 69ltr length, 57ltrs in cornies and the rest in bottles. Guesstimating I'll have another three cornies in a couple of weeks and the next brew planned is a kind of SNPA (with a red colour) so am looking at a 75ltr brew length. Thinking Summers day with a tall glass :drunk:

I've been doing it wrong all this time I've been using cordless drills :lol:

I guess Challenger Xtreme isn't a good make of cordless power tools then :D

If I bought Dewalt, it would be wasted on me, probably only see the light of day twice a year. I've got Trend and Bosh routers sat in the cupboard gathering dust and a biscuit jointer I think I've used twice in the last five years :oops:

Whichever you get, just take it easy with new drill bits and it'll cut like butter. Not that big a deal once you do one you'll see :thumb:

All done :party:

Went easy with the first one, but soon had them both sorted, thanks to the clever bloke that came up with qmax cutters, certainly easier than when I did my keg

For some reason I knew I wanted a drill with a chuck, not a chuck-less, but couldn't remember why. Then when packing up tonight I found my paint stirrer/plaster mixer and roller paint cleaner that wont fit in a chuck-less.

Hoping to squeeze a brew in tomorrow so will post pics then

Latest posts

Back