anyone used The Malt Miller?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mysterio said:
He's built up a following through a great range of products, listening to his customers and first class service. Most of my orders have arrived in under 24 hours (the last shop I used would take about a week). It's also run by someone who brews all grain brewing and will take care of the malt and hops, and source specialty ingredients like unusual hops, Belgian & German malts etc.

Totally agree with you :thumb:

I placed my order last night and spoke to Rob this morning to pay by card over the phone.
Friendly, helpful and efficient :thumb:
Ceejay said:
graysalchemy said:
And He's not even a site sponsor :hmm: :hmm: :hmm:

Great Marketing :lol: :lol:
Mods/Admin, is there any reason why not? Not trying to put any cats amongst pigeons here but he seems to be getting quite a following on here; my next hop and yeast order is going to him :thumb: . Is there something that needs to happen to become a site sponsor?
I don't know how the sponsorship deal works, that's an Admin thing, but I understand that enquiries have been made. He says he's looking forward to the Spring Thing.

The one thing I like about Rob, is that he is not trying to rip us off regarding those speciality German Malts he has sourced. The other importer wants 60 quid a bag for Weyermann Pilsner malt . . . and only orders infrequently.

While I admire what Clive at Brupaks has done for the All grain brewing hobby since the late 80's I think his prices are a little excessive . . . I have actually ordered Pilsner malt from Stefan at CanDirect and it was still cheaper than getting it from the UK via a Brupaks stockist.

The other importer was wanting 7 or 8 quid a pack of hops not too long ago, I think if it wasn't for that the Malt Miller, Barley Bottom, Worcester hop shop etc might not exist.

Yep, I begrudgingly paid £7.50 for a 100g vac pac of Willamette 2 weeks ago :roll: . That was in my LBS, but they were Brupaks hops

I would love to support my LHBS more but unfortunately they don't seem to be able to compete on price. I needed a kilo of brown malt in a hurry and went to my LHBS. I ended up having to buy 3kg's at £9 :eek: :eek: . maltmiller is £1.25 per kilo.

I know homebrewing is cheap compared to buying beer from the supermarket, but it is daft not to buy at the best price especially since these online stores give fantastic service as well.

Well done Rob :thumb: :thumb:

graysalchemy said:
I would love to support my LHBS more but unfortunately they don't seem to be able to compete on price. I needed a kilo of brown malt in a hurry and went to my LHBS. I ended up having to buy 3kg's at £9 :eek: :eek: . maltmiller is £1.25 per kilo.

I know homebrewing is cheap compared to buying beer from the supermarket, but it is daft not to buy at the best price especially since these online stores give fantastic service as well.

Well done Rob :thumb: :thumb:

100% :clap: ..

I've spoken to Mick at my LHBS about this....and he said use the net for my bulk orders...I feel bad about it but he knows the problem...I still get my wine kits and other stuff from him..

As an ex retailer myself I do find it upsetting that I use on-line stores for more and more things. I understand the costs involved in running retail premises compared to commercial premises, but the odds seemed to be stacked against the high street LHBS. I am sure some LHBS probably don't buy in malt at the price that Rob and other on-line stores sell it at, they all seem tied to Brupacks. When I had retail I hardly ever dealt with wholesalers as you don't make the margins, convenient yes competitive no. In this day and age if LHBS want to survive they need to become more competitive.

People like rob have seen an opportunity, sourced a solution and are now reaping the benefits. That is business I am afraid.

Well done Rob

:thumb: :thumb:

People like rob have seen an opportunity, sourced a solution and are now reaping the benefits. That is business I am afraid.

Well done Rob

I agree 100%.....as I said on another post Rob is only 30 mins away from me...and I intend to take a ride down to the shop one Sat morning soon..

My order has just arrived, c/o my place of employment - they don't mind and it's easier for me to receive goods here.

Rather conveniently, Rob uses the same carrier as we do, so my grain was dropped off by the guy who collects from us every afternoon.

If you're reading this, thanks Rob :cheers:

Hi,

Sorry I did not get a chance to add to this thread before a week off.

Many thanks for the words of encouragement, as The Malt Miller was set up I was certain that it would only be able to continue by listening to what customers want but also acting on any negatives, not hiding away from them. As the saying goes " if you like what I do tell everyone if you don't please tell me, I need to know!"

I am pushing for site sponsorship, this is in the hands of "the management". To be honest it would be great to be able to give something back to the forum, it's not only about business, the forum members have helped my personal brewing no end.

Cheers

Rob

Just used you for the first time this week. Great site, good prices, good list of stock availabilty and fast delivery what more can you ask for. :thumb:

I placed my first order on the net tuesday eve, but was too late to phone rob and pay, so I phoned up wednesday morning to pay by card over the phone. I thought it should be fine, i'm not planning on using what I ordered until sunday so plenty of time for it to get here.

Bugger me if there wasn't a knock at the door thursday lunch time with my delivery!! :D

Cheers Rob, great service :clap: :party:

Now its time to brew it. :thumb:

My only issue with my last delivery from him was his use of Parcel Force. They claimed it was delivered - YES to the SORTING OFFICE. I had to go an collect it from there. :evil:

They would not redeliver from there claiming it had been signed for etc - i.e. my problem. :hmm:

His previous delivery company would re-deliver the next day. :party:

Top class service and pricing - Weyermann malts are the mutz :clap:

Latest posts

Back