Beer cooler HELP!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Just got my hands on 2 beer coolers, Calypso 9 beer cooler (2 outputs) & maxi 110 (1 output), now i've not got a clue how to use them, i only want to keep the maxi because the other is.... frankly to big (23kg). both are said to be working fine, the maxi as 4 pipes with the below marking...

Return 0 - - - - - 0 flow

In 0 overflow 0 - - - - - - - - 0 out

In/out & overflow i think i understand, yet don't get the "return & flow"?.

Can anyone shed some light on this!!

Maxi 110
67690144.jpg

Calypso 9
$(KGrHqZ,!loE4ly2IYc9BOMDEeM0M!~~0_12.JPG

thanks

redsoxs said:
JagCrusher said:
Hate to link to other forums :shock: but try this thread http://www.jimsbeerkit.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=28334 ...there's even a zipped PDF manual for the Maxi range.

thanks
After reading that, i'm left more confused :oops:

Is it the return & flow thats looped?

Yes.

for cooling beer keg goes on "in" side tap goes on "out" side

start with the maxi its easier, as only 1 circuit, to find on calypso if unsure use a hose and some water to see which water comes out of when directed to each in. comprende :?:

UP

unclepumble said:
redsoxs said:
JagCrusher said:
Hate to link to other forums :shock: but try this thread http://www.jimsbeerkit.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=28334 ...there's even a zipped PDF manual for the Maxi range.

thanks
After reading that, i'm left more confused :oops:

Is it the return & flow thats looped?

Yes.

for cooling beer keg goes on "in" side tap goes on "out" side

start with the maxi its easier, as only 1 circuit, to find on calypso if unsure use a hose and some water to see which water comes out of when directed to each in. comprende :?:

UP

Excellent.

Thanks for the help.

Should be pretty straight forward connect the hose to the tap to the out position on the cooler, loop the flow to the return, then connect in position on the cooler to the out on the corny. Make sure your tap is off or youll have beer all over the floor.

Easy peasy as long as it all connected correctly ie all the plastic inserts to the JG fittings are pushed back and secure.

Ive got the twin output corny great investment buy a timer for the switch and you can set is so youve got a nice cool pint when you come home from work.

Good luck and enjoy :thumb:

From your pic the 2 on the left are in the 2 on the right are out and the overflow is where the water comes out when your topping up the chiller.Its the same as my chiller you have 2 ins and 2 outs so you can connect 2 taps for dispensing which ive done :thumb:

my understanding is

in 1 is for beer in from the kegs output IE: beer line
out 2 is the one that goes to your dispensing tap

return and flow are the ones that pump cold water to the fancy taps on the bar to make it have condensation?

so if not using a fancy pump you loop together to prevent water pumping out of the water bath

i will be "testing" mine this weekend when todays kegs and john guest connectors arrive

Titch has it, as does UP :thumb:
Ins = beer in from keg....outs = beer out to tap, match numbers for circuits ie, in 1 and out 1.

You can use the return and flow as an independent circuit for temperature controlling an fv, but that requires more 'faffing' and you've got your hands full at the mo :grin:
Just join them together (loop) for the mo ;)

Latest posts

Back