Milestone Raspberry Wheat Review

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

abeyptfc

Landlord.
Reaction score
i phoned milestones as my instructions didnt say when to add sachet. the guy said after about 10 days or so then leave for a few days before bottling. the raspberry flavour was perfect, ive brewed this twice and its a crackin pint from the cornie.

I quite enjoyed this kit, it has a slight raspberry aroma but also smelt a bit rubbery :(. Poured with a nice big head, a light, fizzy and refreshing wheat beer with a slight raspberry flavouring and not too sweet either. The beer quickly clears though but it's the taste that counts. Easy to drink and perfect for a hot summers day.

I added the flavour sachet 1 day before bottling.

Having only brewed wine and TC, I've been looking into some nice fruity beers to brew in preparation for our summer bbq. I've been thinking to do the Milestone Raspberry Wheat kit. I only have brewing buckets, none of this fancy beer set ups, so was wondering if you guys would recommend it for a first timer or would I be better attempting something else first? Suggestions would be appreciated :wha: :D

Just cracking a few bottles of my first batch of this beer today with the footy. Quality control y'see.

It's young yet at 5wks (bottled, 2 hot/brew room three cool/garage weeks) but very enjoyable.crisp and refreshing. Not overpowering in the fruit, you get the taste but It's heavier in the after taste. Will leave for a couple more weeks but properly drinkable now. So much so three further bottles were fetched. A full 4 bottle test was needed. Will brew again.

Mason

I have brewed this kit, smells great, good clean fruity beer with a good head. I got 34 bottles filled out the kit ( only got 14 left though) the missus had her first bottle the other night and told me to save her some. ROFL. I will be making this brew again loving it. :thumb:

Brewing milestone Olde Home wrecker.
Bottled 1 Gallon Strawberry Wine
Bottled 1 Gallon Black Cherry Wine
Bottled 1 Gallon Of WOW
On the go 1 Gallon Of Pomegranate/Blueberry
Clearing 1 Gallon Of Apple/Rhubarb
Clearing 1 Gallon Pineapple

Brewed this yesterday. Only the second 2 can kit I done, and after the wherry have high hopes for this. Brewed to approx 19l (used 3.5l boiling water and 14l of cold water, so assume the volume of liquid makes it up to 19l, but the fv I used only stated approx 18l. it assume this is down to being uncalibrated, as the can liquid will defo be more than 0.5l?! But rest was all measured.

Anyway, went down to it this morning, and it was frothed up to the lid! couldn't believe how much it had spewed up so quickly. Look forward to tasting this in a few months

This was the first brew I tried when I started. Had a few problems when it stuck and it ended being in the fermenting bin for 3 weeks! Its been done and bottled for just under 2 months now and Im at least half way through as everyone wanted a go.

Its a nice beer and people seemed to like it but I ruined it for myself by drinking it from the hydrometer tube when it wasn't ready because im stupid and greedy! Now it just reminds me of that warm, flat stuck liquid and i cant get over that initial reminder hahah!

Its really heavy on the aftertaste as someones already said and it changes from sweet to bitter to fruity which was really really good and a new experience as it goes on a little journey! its like a Wheat-ish Newcastle Brown with fruit running through it. It isn't at all like the german style wheat I was expecting and would recommend a gentle swill half way through the pour to add a bit of a cloud and more depth - but thats just my liking.

If I were to do it again though I would add more sugar when bottling - I put half tsp per 500ML but I'd like to try 3/2 or a full one next time just to give it a bit more life. It was my first go though!

Hope this helps someone :thumb:

was looking forward to this one so we started early to lay low for summer. followed the instuctions inside to the letter.
THEN found they were for a standard brew to 40 pints where it should be to 32 pints :twisted:
So hastily added 500g of light spray malt.
Two weeks in the room then after 3 in the garage we had to try one. Oh wow what a beauty :thumb:
and if its only going to get better then bring on the summer :D

This was my first go at making beer from a kit. Drank it to soon as the few bottles that are left have improved. Nice raspberry aftertaste. Will do this one again.

Just bottled this kit beer so good to hear some positive comments.

I made it up to just 15 litres so should pack a reasonable punch.

Anybody know what the optimum time to cellar is? Not sure I can keep my hands off it for long...

Ravabelli said:

Anybody know what the optimum time to cellar is? Not sure I can keep my hands off it for long...

Hi Ravabelli

Guess this may be too late, as you've probably supped it all by now, but I started brewing my first batch on 10 Nov last year, transferred to a pressure keg with 85g sugar on 24 Nov, then transferred to a corny on 1 Dec.

Excellent pint over Christmas - i.e. 4 or 5 weeks after starting conditioning/cornying, albeit keg rather than bottle. A concern with you brewing it so short would be the raspberry flavouring - hope you didn't add the full sachet, unless you like a an intense raspberry flavour!

I've just started one today in the fv - if anyone has any tweeks to improve an excellent brew, such as how to add a more natural raspberry essence, they'd be much appreciated.

Derek1 said:
Ravabelli said:

Hi Ravabelli

Guess this may be too late, as you've probably supped it all by now, but I started brewing my first batch on 10 Nov last year, transferred to a pressure keg with 85g sugar on 24 Nov, then transferred to a corny on 1 Dec.

Excellent pint over Christmas - i.e. 4 or 5 weeks after starting conditioning/cornying, albeit keg rather than bottle. A concern with you brewing it so short would be the raspberry flavouring - hope you didn't add the full sachet, unless you like a an intense raspberry flavour!

I've just started one today in the fv - if anyone has any tweeks to improve an excellent brew, such as how to add a more natural raspberry essence, they'd be much appreciated.

Thanks Derek, yes good plan. Fortunately it turns out I inadvertently spilt a little of the raspberry flavouring though maybe still a little much as it does taste a bit 'artificial' to me. Also wonder if I had substituted some juice from berries that would make a better flavour. Maybe just me - Mrs Rav loves it, hope she keeps out of cellar :-)

Latest posts

Back