a bad days fishing beats a good days work! (photos)

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Baz Chaz said:
Had a low water session today and picked up some decent plaice :thumb:

P1030607.jpg

what plaice where you fishing at? :D

Was out in Morecambe Bay :thumb: ....... quite a long way :whistle: in fact a bloody hike :roll:

When I worked on a salmon farm in scotland we were harvesting fish and we came across a 30lb monster. The owner was informed and he came down quickly to take a photo of him next to it with his fly rod :eek: :eek:

No scruples.

graysalchemy said:
When I worked on a salmon farm in scotland we were harvesting fish and we came across a 30lb monster. The owner was informed and he came down quickly to take a photo of him next to it with his fly rod :eek: :eek:

No scruples.

really?

what a tool!!!

graysalchemy said:

No scruples.

What a ham shanker :roll:

The fact that it had no pectoral fin and poor tail fin didn't seem to bother him. :lol: :lol:

cracking work fella that's another corker

I was out at the weekend catching cars ... caught me a subaru imprezza wrx on saturday :D

might get in a session dangling over the bank holiday if I can get some petrol somewhere :evil:

Loving this thread im a big fan of pike but i have fished for allsorts
2012-01-13084034.jpg

2011-11-21082124.jpg

2011-08-09090911.jpg

8a485fcb.jpg

7f6a593e.jpg

4348aba2-1.jpg

65425148.jpg

624fad8a.jpg

783606d6.jpg

sorry theres a few got carried away :cheers:
i mainly 90% lure fish now for pike/perch/chub and the ocasional rouge trout

abeyptfc said:
cracking fish there! that trout you caught on the spinner was a monster.
6lb 5oz i think it was mate there a complete pain in my stretch of river i fish for pike weve had loads that size while targeting pike lures/deadbaits they have even taken full sardine dead baits
propper canabalistic cant even get a pike out because of them :lol:

Do you usually put all the fish back? (esp the huge ones)
No tempted to keep it for an epic fish n chips?
Keep the swim bladders to make your own finings? :lol:

Agree totally. Fishing rocks. Do pole fishing, carp fishing, pike fishing and river fishing (centre pin).

Best pike caught on a lure.

-2 degrees on local river - Net froze solid and line kept freezing to rod rings!

On a homebrew note do people take their home-brews fishing and what is the best way to take them/avoid sediment.

Have many people been out lately?

I was lucky to land a new UK PB carp of 50lb 8oz which as you can guess I was very pleased about :) even more so when I went into WH Smiths this morning to see it on the front page of carp talk :)

5ade7c9b-cfd6-76be.jpg

5ade7c9b-cfe6-d003.jpg

5ade7c9b-cff3-944e.jpg

Also has this lovely 31lb mirror on the same trip

5ade7c9b-d00f-84fb.jpg

5ade7c9b-d01e-8c7c.jpg

Back