Brakspear Triple Clone

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LeicesterLad

Reaction score
Hi Folks its been a while but finally dusted off the kit for my first AG this year ! (I know slacking or what !)

So I was drinking one of my favourite tipples at the moment 'Brakspear Triple' and searched for a clone much to my dissapointment I cant find one...

Anyways rather than give up I've come up with one myself following what the bottle says

"Crystal, Black, and Pale malts provide the backbone of this outstandingly rich beer. Golding, Styrian and Cascade hops are added in both the Copper and the Whirlpool with a further late addition of whole Cascade hops, during fermentation, to impart a dry hop character to this complex beer."

This is my take on it thoughts more than welcome

Brakspear Triple Clone
Brew Length 23L
Mash – 90mins
Mash Water Ratio – 2.5 L/Kg
Mash Temp 67 °C
Boil – 90mins
Yeast – Wyeast Thames Valley Ale Yeast (1275)

Maris otter pale malt 6.9kg
Crystal malt 240g
Black Malt 100g

Golding 4.5% 25g – 90mins
Golding 4.5% 15g – 30mins

Styrian Goldings 3.19% 25g -90mins
Styrian Goldings 3.19% 15g -30mins

Cascade 7.0% 25g – 90mins
Cascade 50g steep for 20 mins after cut out

Expected OG:1071
Expected FG:1016
Expected ABV:7.2%
Expected IBU:40.1
Expected SRM:20.6

You've got something wrong with your grain bill there, 3.82 kg of malt is nowhere near enough to give you 23l @1075 OG. I stuck your numbers into Brewmate and only got 1036, with a final abv of 3.5%....not what you're after!

Well Just been to Matchless to get the goodies .....styrian has been replaced for styrian goldings (is there much difference ? ) and yeast has to be S-04 or Nottingham so I went with the Nottingham.

Well I'd better get the brewery set up and get cracking eh !!

Latest posts

Back