Tropical take on a WoW

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BerkshireBadger

Reaction score
Bought some more juice from Asda today and started off another two gallons.

1l WGJ
500ml Pineapple Juice
500ml Orange and Mango Juice
800g Sugar
Mug of strong tea
glycerin, pectolaise and nutrient
half sachet of yeast

The second gallon was made much the same but using red grape juice instead of the white started them less than an hour ago and both already bubbling away!.

Got a bit concerned by my og calculations - allowing for topping up with water the og is 1.103 so potentially 15% abv - I was after 12-13% but misjudged the sugar! :oops:

Does anyone know whether the version with RGJ will end up as a red or a rose?

Sounds nice..... may try that on my next batch ..

do you only need half a sachet per gallon?? i have been making WOW with 1 sachet.. will this make any difference to the final product?

1/2 sachet will work, but that's scrimping to the next level. But for the sake of 45p I think I can't be bothered. WOW is cheap enough already. Having said that, 1/4 sachet will work if you don't mind it taking a little longer. But think of the savings. :hmm: Cheaper still is to reuse the yeast from the last brew. I regularly do that and it works a treat. :thumb:

I used a half sachet in each because I only had one sachet in my cupboard and forgot to pick up any more.

As one sachet is good for 1-5 gallons and I'm only making 2 gallons in total it's not that much of an issue, just meant that it took a bit longer for the yeasties to reach full capacity...

...and that's why it took 40 mins to start acting like a volcano rather than 20! :rofl:

Two and a bit weeks and they're still slowly fermenting - although they have started clearing...

P1010529.jpg

bobsbeer said:
It should come out as a nice blush.
Are you SURE about the one with RGJ ending up as a blush??? :rofl:

Finally bottled these today:
P1010562_zpsc7c49da8.jpg

They're both at 15.1% and taste 'young' but still very drinkable! :drunk:

Back