Original WOW

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CoxyBoy123

Regular.
Reaction score
Just put an original wow in a glass demijohn.

Can someone tell me what Sg should be if my two juices total 26.1g per 100ml please

CoxyBoy123 said:

Can someone tell me what Sg should be if my two juices total 26.1g per 100ml please

It sort of depends.... Were both juices 26.1g/100ml?
Did you add any sugar? If so, how much?
Did you add any water? If so, how much?
Anything else?

I take it you don't have a hydrometer?

CoxyBoy123 said:

Hmm, sounds like you may be getting a little mixed up. Do you mean 26.1g per 200ml (as in 100ml of each)?

If that's the case then 1L has 130.5g which is 1.047. However, the juices will have some non fermentables in there as well as the sugar so I would say the OG will be closer to 1.050.

HTH :)

I do have a hydrometer just won't be correct as its not fully topped up with water.

You are correct, per 200ml and there is 200ml of juice altogether.....along with 800g sugar

Thanks in advance

Ok, reading between the lines I'm guessing you have added 2L of juice, 800g of sugar and you are making it up to 4.5L?

That being the case the OG will be around 1.085. FG should be around 0.990 giving 12.8%.

What do you mean when you say it hasn't been topped up with water? It's best just to measure the SG regardless of whether you have topped it up all the way or not, the gravity/abv can be worked :)

ScottM said:
Ok, reading between the lines I'm guessing you have added 2L of juice, 800g of sugar and you are making it up to 4.5L?

That being the case the OG will be around 1.085. FG should be around 0.990 giving 12.8%.

What do you mean when you say it hasn't been topped up with water? It's best just to measure the SG regardless of whether you have topped it up all the way or not, the gravity/abv can be worked :)

Ok, I know for the future,
Sorry I thought you would understand after mention recipe I used, my bad

Thanks for your help

CoxyBoy123 said:
ScottM said:

Ok, I know for the future,
Sorry I thought you would understand after mention recipe I used, my bad

Thanks for your help

No problemo. I know the recipe I just wasn't sure of what you were asking for :)

Back