Barons - Canadian Golden Ale

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alanywiseman.

Landlord.
Reaction score
So I finally got this going last night. The kit comes with 7.5L of concentrate wort (not extract) a packet of benonite and 17g cascade hop pellets plus yeast.

Fisrt thing I did was bin the hop pellets as they were a bit cheesy and replaced with a hop tea made from 17g cascade hop cones. this was added to the FV and the benonite was mixed with it till homogenous. Added the bag of wort which got rinsed aout then topped up to 22.5L. OG came out at 1.052. Pitched rehydrated S-04 and let it do its thing. By this morning there was a thick krausen. It will now be left for 10 days then with test SG.

23/04/13: Bottled this morning. Left longer due to being to busy to do it earlier. FG 1.015, 5L went into a mini keg and the rest went into bottles. Will report back when I open the first bottle.

Has anyone drank one of these yet, my local had the kit on offer for £20 so I am wondering if it's worth a go or not. Reading up reviews on the internet, people seem happy with them (while they are brewing) but I cannot really seem to find much on the finished product.

Will post this on the other baron kit reviews, as they were all on offer:D

Cheers

Same here. I was on special so I grabbed it. Guy in my store said it was really good and good value too, of course he may have been trying to get rid of it.

It's my first attempt at homebrew so I'm looking forward to it. Be really interested to hear how it tasted.

Barons Kits :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Just give the hops a smell, and if they are cheesy bin them and use some fresh

Back