bottles

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got some bottles by standing next to the bottle bank at Sainsbugs, and when people came to feed the bottle bank, I asked them if they had brown beer bottles and could I have them

WelshPaul said:
As a point, you said that the bottles were not obtained from the brewery itself: how did you find the correct place?

they told me where there bottling plant was ...
but couldnt tell me if i could buy the bottles there ...

they gave me the guys name i was to ask ...

it was less than a mile away from the brewery ...

tucked away in between some other units ...

the guy was more that happy to help... :thumb:

regards mick... :hat: .

Im visiting a stockport brewery tommorrow and plan to ask similar questions, I know they have a seperate bottling plant

Good find that man

chrig said:
Im visiting a stockport brewery tommorrow and plan to ask similar questions, I know they have a seperate bottling plant

Good find that man

hi chrig :cheers: .
cheers bud ...

regards mick... :hat:

chojo said:
I got 40 bottles for 16 quid today and i thought that was a good deal till i saw this.

if i was charged £16..
i would have thought it was good ...
but he put the price on the bottles at 15p each not me...
so i just shut up thanked him...
and payed him .. :D .

i realy think i got all i need now as iv got loads of other bottles as well ...
yet i feel i should go back and get another 80 at that price ...

or would that be being greedy ... :whistle:

What a bargain! :thumb:

I never thought of putting a box beside a bottle bank, I might go ask if I can do that at our recycling place. They're pretty strict down there though, they'd rather let perfectly good stuff be dumped than let anyone salvage it, which is such a shame.

hi there im a bin man its amazing what i find in my job i must have over 300 bottles saved me a fortune just need to be cleaned and sterelised

sim12 said:
hi there im a bin man its amazing what i find in my job i must have over 300 bottles saved me a fortune just need to be cleaned and sterelised

nice one bud... :thumb: .

yep iv been and got another 80 bottles today at 15p each :D ...
plus my new didgital thermometer got here today...
im well happy... :thumb:
001-21_zps1686df89.jpg
002-23_zps4f6550d4.jpg

003-79_zps1044a38a.jpg

these should keep me going .. :thumb: .

lukehgriffiths said:
The prices retailers charge is daft... Talking 67p for a standard bottle (although with enough drinkers on the job I could start asking friends to collect these) and swing tops are double about £1.35 a go. You can get them with beer in for less (although it is alcohol free and you have to pay 8 quid postage) and only slightly more with alcoholic booze in there.

Nuts.

Grolch 450ml for £1.66 in asda. That includes the booze inside.

Nice jack russel :thumb:

Gary.

P.S. if you bought alcohol free beer in a swing top, added a couple of sugar cubes and a bit of yeast, wont that turn it in to an alcoholic drink.

GaryG said:
lukehgriffiths said:
The prices retailers charge is daft... Talking 67p for a standard bottle (although with enough drinkers on the job I could start asking friends to collect these) and swing tops are double about £1.35 a go. You can get them with beer in for less (although it is alcohol free and you have to pay 8 quid postage) and only slightly more with alcoholic booze in there.

Nuts.

Grolch 450ml for £1.66 in asda. That includes the booze inside.

Nice jack russel :thumb:

Gary.

P.S. if you bought alcohol free beer in a swing top, added a couple of sugar cubes and a bit of yeast, wont that turn it in to an alcoholic drink.

thats cheaper than our asda at longwell green ...
there £2 per bottle...

iv been using brown pet bottles local B&M store have got shandy for 29p a bottle not gone for glass yet so 15p is a very good price

iceo said:
iv been using brown pet bottles local B&M store have got shandy for 29p a bottle not gone for glass yet so 15p is a very good price

I was getting 275ml ginger beer in glass bottles for 20p as it was out of date this month. Only bought 5. Wish I got them all, they were lovely. My local Watt Bros store has 330ml glass bottles Barrs cloudy lemonade for 29p. Only prob is bottles are clear. Good for cider or ginger beer.

Gary.

they did have some green bottles in last week for 5p as they only had a day left on them but the shelf had been cleared. its still cheaper than than buying coppers pet bottles

You need to keep an eye out for those deals in the cheapy shops. Whats the difference between coopers PET bottles and the brown plastic ones you get fizzy pop in. Coopers say something about an oxygen layer ?

Gary.

Plastic PET bottles are permeable and will let oxygen in and co2 out. I think the coopers ones may be impermeable. Glass are also very impermeable obviously.

Collecting bottles from pubs and bars is not difficult they pay to have them disposed of. :thumb:

So fizzy pop bottles are only good if you intend to drink quickly. If your gonna leave a while use coopers PET or glass.

Gary.

Latest posts

Back