Prosecco!!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In my opinion YES it needs pectolase, I used finings and the bloody stuff still wont clear and this is the only time i have omitted to use it but it tasted so nice i really dont care.

Hahaha on another post my autocorrect just changed pectolase it to Pectorals and I know sure as hell I don't want to add them to a brew!! :doh:

second2none said:
Hahaha on another post my autocorrect just changed pectolase it to Pectorals and I know sure as hell I don't want to add them to a brew!! :doh:

You could build them up stirring a mash though :thumb:

well BJ weekend and been drinking this with dinner it it beautiful hve been to lidl to buy the ingredients to set the next batch off
followed the original recipe exactly then used finings to clear primed in pep bottles and left then chilled
thank you op for a great recipe
second 25ltr batch starting tomorrow

Just out of interest how long does yours take to brew? I set mine off the other week with a pack of GV4 and it seems to be about half way through????

I may be tainted as I've just done a turbo cider and nice **** ;)

D

Hahaa i agree I flipping love bj weekends!! :cheers:

Good luck on ur brew are u following the original recipe or you going to make any chnages?

jasea3632 said:
In my opinion YES it needs pectolase, I used finings and the bloody stuff still wont clear and this is the only time i have omitted to use it but it tasted so nice i really dont care.

Have to say I did not use pectolase or finings and its crystal?

Grand gris said:
Shirazzy said:
Hi, I thought Prosecco was a wine (approx 11%) but there doesn't seem to be enough sugar in this recipe to get it up to that? Doesn't mean it won't be a nice drink (and I'm going to try it anyway as an alternative to a cider level alcohol drink :D ) but just wondering :hmm:

Cheers :cheers:

I thought this at first but wondered if it was because it is to be made fizzy, you can still add sugar in the bottle and it will mature to a dry rather than a swetet wine :hmm:

This is my first wine, want a bit if fizz in it....how much sugar did you prime yours with? I'm using plastic water bottles this time.

Juggerluggs said:
Grand gris said:
Shirazzy said:
Hi, I thought Prosecco was a wine (approx 11%) but there doesn't seem to be enough sugar in this recipe to get it up to that? Doesn't mean it won't be a nice drink (and I'm going to try it anyway as an alternative to a cider level alcohol drink :D ) but just wondering :hmm:

Cheers :cheers:

I thought this at first but wondered if it was because it is to be made fizzy, you can still add sugar in the bottle and it will mature to a dry rather than a swetet wine :hmm:

This is my first wine, want a bit if fizz in it....how much sugar did you prime yours with? I'm using plastic water bottles this time.

I put 2 tsp in a litre pet bottle

Just bottled and primed my second batch and its crystal clear so just wait for the fizz noe :D

Going to put another batch of this on this weekend :D

Thought maybe I might add some rose petals to it, fancied a rose petal wine and thought a rose petal prosecco style drop might be worth a blast....

Hi Hope you can help, going to have a go at this one for the wife but i have a couple of questions.
The recipe is for 5 litres but the wet ingredients only add up to 4 litres, Where does the 5th litre come from ?
Can I use standard 500ml glass capped bottles and if so how much sugar for priming ?
Is sweetener necessary as prosecco should be pretty dry ?
Thanks

Lampie said:
The recipe I got from a collegue for 5 liter is:

1.5 liter applejuice
0.5 liter red grape juice
2 liter water
400 gram sugar
fruity white wine yeast

He only adds 2 tsp of sugar in the bottle get a fizzy drink.

I dont have enough space to try it but he said its realy close to a Italian Prosecco :).

I'm going to try this when i get a dj empty as i just filled them all to make WOW and mead
as a friend of mine just said she only drinks it now saying it like she posh and won the lottery but she's as common as most of us and covered in tattoo's but went to school with her and her and her guy just done their first beer same time as me and we both want to try each others 2 weeks early

Not really tried to make wine since about 1976. Quite fancy this though and it might please the good lady who puts up with my brewing. We get quite a lot of 2litre plastic, fizzy water bottles. Could I put the Prosseco in them? Not sure what kind of pressure they would stand or how good the seal is on the caps.

Thanks

Back