making my fridge into a brew fridge

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

as i said in the title...
im making my fridge into a brew fridge ...

i got my 60 watt tube heater today ...
and found some wood off cuts so i went to work ...
007-37_zpsb2368e72.jpg

019_zps97445d01.jpg

020_zps9e538ecd.jpg

021_zpsd33c4d7d.jpg

022_zps1d708c61.jpg

024_zps8ce44b0a.jpg

025_zps7d45c426.jpg

just have to wait now till i get the Digital Thermostat Temperature Controller STC-1000 With sensor 220VAC...

not looking forward to wiring it up...

ill need help with that bit ... :doh: .

regards mick... :hat: .

They are wat easier to wire up than you think.

Even I managed.

This might help... Topic is full of wiring diagrams and instructions.

Eli_D said:
They are wat easier to wire up than you think.

Even I managed.

This might help... Topic is full of wiring diagrams and instructions.

i think the box should be easy enough but its where on the fridge that i will need the help..
but thanks for that ill look it up later .... :thumb: .

Very nice Mick :party: A tip or 2 ...put a solid base under your fv so if it leaks it's not dripping directly onto the tube heater (IP68 or not) and if putting in an area where leaks may be a problem ie, carpet etc, put a towel in the bottom of the fridge in front of the door, maybe even glue in a small ridge

Vossy1 said:
Very nice Mick :party: A tip or 2 ...put a solid base under your fv so if it leaks it's not dripping directly onto the tube heater (IP68 or not) and if putting in an area where leaks may be a problem ie, carpet etc, put a towel in the bottom of the fridge in front of the door, maybe even glue in a small ridge

i thought i needed a to have the heat coming up without interuption so thats why no complete base and with the tube heater wire facing down it cant get into the heater ...

morethanworts said:
Nice job Mick! I'm green with envy and I'm in the opposite position to you: I've got a working STC1000 unit built, but no fridge yet!

I used this thread to help with my temp boox build

thanks but i wont to see pics of...
(where it is attached to the fridge motor)...

as i wont to bypass my thermostat altogether ...

i thought i needed a to have the heat coming up without interuption so thats why no complete base and with the tube heater wire facing down it cant get into the heater ...
Nope, as long as there's room for the heat to convect round the sides that's the best way, ie the fv gently rising in temp from it's surroundings. The way you've got it set up the bottom of the fv will get a lot hotter that the rest first and that's where a lot of the yeast is along with all the dead cells...not what you want to do.

Vossy1 said:
Nope, as long as there's room for the heat to convect round the sides that's the best way, ie the fv gently rising in temp from it's surroundings. The way you've got it set up the bottom of the fv will get a lot hotter that the rest first and that's where a lot of the yeast is along with all the dead cells...not what you want to do.

thanks bud ..
ill get someting to put there ie metal tray or if i cant ill just use the wooden panels that was in there before and cut them to fit ...

002-23_zpsfef3f12f.jpg

Will12283 said:
Looks good after sorting out my corny that's my next thing to do

thanks bud...

but thats a old pic...
i have now got wire shelves...
and i only posted that pic so people can see the boards i might cut down if i cant find a tray... :thumb:

back to where i was again ...
i conacted the firm on ebay i was getting my stc-1000 from as its still not here...

there going to give a refund but not till the 9th of july ...
iv never had a refund held back before...

so dont no if there playing me or not ...
iv contacted ebay so i hope they sort it out ...

until i get my refund i cant order another one from someone els ...

shortwavejohn (56)

is where i was getting it from because he/she/they got 100% good feedback...
now ill have to find another ...

anyone no of a good one to to get my stc-1000 from????

i just found this one on ebay its only in bristol as am i ...

has anyone on here used this company ...

i dont wont to get had again ... :nono:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Digital-STC-1 ... 2a2e4ca93f

They're probably covering themselves using Royal Mails delivery policy (if they used Royal Mail), once you start reading it the delivery times are stupid, ie, second class 2 working days but might take 3 weeks :roll: :x
I'd just order from someone with good feedback M, it's hard to go wrong on e-bay as long as they don't have too many negatives

The link you've posted is Tim, user name Cedaronics, he used to be a forum sponsor so you won't have any trouble :cool:

Vossy1 said:
They're probably covering themselves using Royal Mails delivery policy (if they used Royal Mail), once you start reading it the delivery times are stupid, ie, second class 2 working days but might take 3 weeks :roll: :x
I'd just order from someone with good feedback M, it's hard to go wrong on e-bay as long as they don't have too many negatives

The link you've posted is Tim, user name Cedaronics, he used to be a forum sponsor so you won't have any trouble :cool:

thank you very much ...
ill just have to wait till i get my refund...
then i can order it from tim ... :thumb:

mick may said:
Will12283 said:

thanks bud...

but thats a old pic...
and i only posted that pic so people can see the boards i might cut down if i cant find a tray... :thumb:

I hadn't seen that pic :shock: was talking about the fermenting fridge after

Vossy1 said:
I got mine from Cedaronics. Can recommend them (him).

Will12283 said:
mick may said:
Will12283 said:

thanks bud...

but thats a old pic...

I hadn't seen that pic :shock: was talking about the fermenting fridge after

haha no worrys, wires crossed and all that.. :thumb: .

jonnymorris said:
Vossy1 said:
I got mine from Cedaronics. Can recommend them (him).

thank you very much ...

ill go with him this time...
well when i get my refund that is ... ;)

well i dont no what to say apart from ...
i have my stc-1000.. :D .
it came today ...
so i have emailed the seller telling them to stop the refund .
i found a vid on youtube with a guy showing how to wire it up it looks very easy to do ...
ill try it later and let you no how i get on ...

now where did i put my old leads to mmm let me think :wha: .

Latest posts

Back