Bulldog Strawberry Pale Ale

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've just got this going tonight

I was expecting a pale ale with a hint of strawberry but the 27lt I've made is a very deep red colour and very strong strawberry flavouring

Time will tell!

Anyone else tried this yet?

27l? Its only a 4.5% kit isn't it?

Im surprised at the coulour. It looks like an ipa on the box... im looking forward to trying this kit but have a fair few kits to make yet ..will you keep me posted a out this???

Sorry, I've made 23lts

The box is deceiving, it does look like a pale ale. I bought it thinking 'should be interesting, a pale ale with a slight strawberry flavour' but it defo looks like a fruit beer

I'll keep people updated

Bottled this kit on the 16th October, had intentionally brewed short to 21ltr and it came out at 4.9% (batch primed with 100g of cane sugar).
Sampled a bottle a few days ago and was pleasantly surprised. A nice light red colour, not as dark as a red ale. The strawberry taste is not very strong, but it's definitely there in the background, hoping that this will become stronger the longer it's in the bottles. Although still young, this would be a real nice thirst quencher for a summers evening.

When I first tasted it I thought the flavour was far too strong, but after a month it mellowed out and will probably be a nice summer drink.

Back