Beersmith - Which is the best beer recipe program/designer thingy?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hoddy

General lurker.......
Supporting Member
Reaction score
With many of us going down the all grain and extract route. being able to document and track and refer back to recipes, and design our own is very handy.

With that in mind, and my impending Braumeister purchase. What is the view on the best recipe type program?

With Options like Beersmith, Brewtoad etc out there which one is the best to go for a UK based brewer.

Who has which program and what have your experiences been?

I really like Brewtoad. I've also downloaded Brew Mate, which is pretty much the same but looks a bit **** so I don't use it out of preference. I find Brewtoad has a better range of ingredients too.

I've got beersmith. Costs a fiver, but I find it really useful. Really like the equipment profile tool, and it's very easy to import or share recipes.

I've tried Brewers friend and it didn't work very well, paid for beersmith and I'm really pleased with it...annoyed you have to pay extra for the iPad app tho.

im another paid up beersmith user

just like the slider interface when putting recipes together...

I use beersmith and have the app on my tablet. I can design a recipe on my pc and take the tablet into the kitchen with the recipe in the cloud for reference during brewing or look at my recipes wherever I am.

Got to be Brewsmith for me, it's one of those pieces of software that you keep on finding new features in and it makes you keep questioning your own setup & processes and so keeps you learning and evolving.

Brewers friend was the new brewmate? I had a copy of it but it seemed completeley broke.

So I still use old brewmate

I did look at brewtarget too but I found the BIAB settings on brewmate a bit easier to configure

Brewmate is what I use. Works fine for mme.

+1 for me - I find BrewMate very easy to use. You can add other ingredients if you know some parameters, like the Alpha % of different hops etc.

Beersmith2 is now a £20 purchase although I found it the best of all Windows Programs.

There are a few Android Apps, some of which are free and pretty good but Beersmith is the best I've found to date.

Beersmith 2 is a fiver on Android, well worth it. A reasonable free one I came across is Wort.

I have the Beersmith 2 App on my phone. Got it for free when Amazon sent me a voucher to use on their app store. Will get the PC version at some point, but I mostly tinker with recipes on the go.

Latest posts

Back