This weeks purchase

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S

stevej

Bought 60kg of malt this week and loads of hops now what to make with it ?

hops.JPG

Bloody Hell!

I have a list of known recipes which I would like to work through as an educational excercise, eg. some of the Stone and Mikkeller recipes, and then just some of the classic styles. I have them all ready to go in a queue in Brewer's Friend.

My word! I buy in 30kg quantities to make best use of postage charges but that includes everything.

Why not put the malt in a box, the hops in another. Without looking, take four packs from the malt box and two from the hops. Make something with what you get (you don't have to use the whole lot).

Damn, I wish I could get that stuff here in Japan. Pain in the ars!!!!

My word! I buy in 30kg quantities to make best use of postage charges but that includes everything.

Why not put the malt in a box, the hops in another. Without looking, take four packs from the malt box and two from the hops. Make something with what you get (you don't have to use the whole lot).

Got a bit carried away Rob! there was a 25kg sack of Irish Pale Malt and a 25 kg sack of Red X Malt not in the picture, also found a good purchase of hops on ebay it was a make a offer so decided to put a cheeky bid in on 2 items so theres another 1,4 kg of hops on the way :grin:

Lol, nice.

Was thinking of buying first 25kg sack of malt this week thinking maybe it was too much..

:)

Think I'd be in similar situation to my dog if I rocked up with a sack of grain. Mrs already says I've too much stuff. Ooooops.

My wife to be was on late shift got my order delivered to work :lol: try sneaking in 60kg of the stuff then all the hops :lol:

I brewed a IPA yesterday using Citra and Simcoe going to do a massive dry hop:grin:

He's so selfish at times. Haha.

LMAO if it wasnt for Mr Clibit i dont no where my brewing would be today hes been really helpful to me and now im glad to say i class him as a good friend! people like that are hard to come by these days :thumb:

I know I'd still be scratching my head looking at big empty pan. He's a top chap! And knows bloody loads about all sorts. I've not made a bad beer yet with much help from his recipe knowledge.

I've been hiding in a Welsh caravan chaps. Intermittent internet. Bout time you created yourself a recipe. :thumb:

Latest posts

Back