coopers pale ale

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jam

Regular.
Reaction score
Done coopers ale used brew enhancer like it said bottled it kept it in room temp for 2 weeks and put out in shed for 2 weeks tried one tonight tastes ok got good bit of life in it but has no head is this normal please?

Yes been bottled for 4 weeks , I primed bottles one coopers carb tablet per bottle.

Done coopers ale used brew enhancer like it said bottled it kept it in room temp for 2 weeks and put out in shed for 2 weeks tried one tonight tastes ok got good bit of life in it but has no head is this normal please?

Sounds fairly typical to me, for a brew in this style. The sugars tend to be mostly fermentable and it is the unfermentable ones that encourage the bubbles that don't burst.

Also, any trace of W-u-L in a glass will destroy head retention.

I would not worry so much about it at this stage, if it tastes OK, that is fine. 4-6 weeks on there will be further changes and you may be pleasantly surprised.

Yeah I've found that the first kit I done was an Indian pale ale and I found after about 3 months it got extremely better and it was a hoppy one to.

Latest posts

Back