What did you brew today?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just finished cleaning up after my fourth AG brewing session, and it went pretty well today. Had a go at a smoked beer, not sure whether it would be classed as a rauchbier or a smoked porter but the sample was very promising.

Managed to bottle my red rye AG while the boil was on so quite a productive day!

Today's brew was dry stout using flaked barley and roast barley plus carafa special. Much along the lines of the Greg Hughes recipe. Grainfather brew #22.

Pumpkin gone off like a rocket...blow off tube methinks....

20161120_204237.jpg

Fourth AG BIAB brewed today - raspberry wheat beer! I've wanted to do this one ever since getting Greg Hughes' book. Planning on adding frozen raspberries and cheating with a bit of raspberry syrup for an extra fruity kick.

I've got to learn how to stop the break material going in the FV. Looked like a right slurry despite straining it through a fine sieve. I'm expecting a good few inches of trub in the FV!

Some people may not want to write out a full brewday report but just say what they brewed.

So what did you brew today?

I made a 'bit's and bobs stout' to use up the odds and ends of grain I had

A summer Ale, Gladfield American malt, homegrown cascade hops.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

What did you go for?,Festival would be my choice, never had a bad beer from one of their kits.

I went for the festival pilsner kit. It is my first toucan kit so quite excited for the results. Im hoping I can start on them for xmas, will have to see.:grin:

Fourth AG BIAB brewed today - raspberry wheat beer! I've wanted to do this one ever since getting Greg Hughes' book. Planning on adding frozen raspberries and cheating with a bit of raspberry syrup for an extra fruity kick.

I've got to learn how to stop the break material going in the FV. Looked like a right slurry despite straining it through a fine sieve. I'm expecting a good few inches of trub in the FV!

I made this not to long ago and its a great beer:thumb:
Problem is my misses loves it so much ive not had many. I even suggested posting a couple for the home brew comp sad to say @strange-steve you wont be tasting this one..

I went for the festival pilsner kit. It is my first toucan kit so quite excited for the results. Im hoping I can start on them for xmas, will have to see.:grin:

Its a superb kit,you won't be disappointed, much thicker mouthfeel and better body than one cans even with added dme imo,and its hoppy.
Enjoy

I made this not to long ago and its a great beer:thumb:
Problem is my misses loves it so much ive not had many. I even suggested posting a couple for the home brew comp sad to say @strange-steve you wont be tasting this one..

Plenty of time to get another brew on :D

Just finished up a wheat beer with added juniper berries and lime zest. Just waiting for it to cool before I chuck in some WB-06.

It'll either be magnificent or my worst beer yet :D

Belgian Blonde. I hope she behaves.

Malt Miller recipe kit, with Aurora and Styrian. Fortified it with 300g candi sugar. First time using my new 25 litre pan!

Used WLP510, but might have killed it by pitching too early. Repitched with wyeast American ale in the morning.

IMG_2834.jpg

2dac9dde0675999f8acc4b235e368f6b.jpg

Brewery went well... missed OG by 10 so only got 1080. Resparged twice but no cigar.

Should still be looking at about 8-8.5% (hopefully!)

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Managed to find a spare three hours so have just made a American wheat beer, no idea where I found the recipe but it has plenty of hops:whistle:
I FWHed all the ten minute hops and I'm going to use @MyQul 's method to do a zero minute hop stand tomorrow:thumb:

Today I did my own version of a Pumpkin Beer.

I finely sliced up a 2kg pumpkin (10p ex-Halloween from Lidl), added four teaspoons of All Spice and boiled it for an hour in about 8 litres of water before hitting it with a handheld blender.

I then went out and bought a Wilco Cerveza Kit while the pumpkin mash cooled down. I got the Cerveza Kit on the basis that it was cheap (���£11) and being very lightly coloured should showcase the colour of the pumpkin.

When I got back I strained the juice out of the pumpkin mash through a sieve and then two layers of cotton dishcloth to take out much of the solids and minimise any trub.

I then mixed the malt extract from the Wilco Kit with the pumpkin mash, added 400g of brewing sugar, gave it a good stir, checked the OG (1.034) and pitched the yeast.

With a lot of luck I may have a +/-3%ABV Pumpkin Beer ready for Christmas! :thumb:

Today I checked the brew and came up with this result:

OG 1.034
FG 1.004
ABV 3.9%

The sample I took out to get the FG tasted just fine for this particular stage of the brew so ... :thumb: :thumb:

I syphoned it off into the King Keg, added 90 grams of Brewing Sugar and it is now carbonating in the fridge at 20 degrees.

There was a lovely All Spice aroma when I opened up the FV but there was no discernible taste of All Spice when I drank the sample. Weird.

Looking forward to Christmas! :thumb: :thumb:

PS

We finished the last of our 10p Pumpkins on Friday. Cut in half, de-seeded, filled with chilli beef, topped off with cheese and then roasted for 45 minutes in a hot oven. Very tasty. :thumb:

Back