The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chippy_Tea

Administrator.
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Have you made any Home Brew Plans for the coming year?

Have you got new kit arriving tomorrow?

27th December Scottish 80/- brewday
Second Half January Frist Gold Pale ALe using CaraRed ..hopefully will turn out Red
February Golden Ale (with Vienna malt in it ..not sure the hops...)
Feb/March Amarillo pale ale (maybe with a bit home grown cascade in it too)
March First Gold/EKG pale ale
April- Honeydew clone -=2nd attempt
May- med /sweet Mead

stainless paddle in the post....

I am hoping my subtle hints (well not so subtle really) mean i finally get a heat tray, the problem is as in another thread here Mrs Tea is sick of the site of my HB gear taking up every available space in "her" kitchen so i am not holding my breath.

Won't be brewing until the living room skirtings are painted and the TV wires concealed. Once I do it'll be a couple of hoppy beers, probably American wheat and DIY Dog Punk as per my dog, but I might do the 2 DIY Dog recipes instead.

A cherry weizen beer to start off the first new brew of 2017 altought technically I'll be putting it on, on the 26/27th December but it won't be bottled til 2017.

hopefully as I have a bottle of brewfferm cherry extract I'll be able to nail the flavour. it cost £8 almost as dear as using hops : :doh:

Make sure I have plenty of nice light ales for the summer and do some put aways for next Christmas. Seriously look into ag or at least biab..brew fridges,inkys, something, anything. ..shiny!

Cheers

Clint

I have a psuedo pilsner in the fv now which I will lager most of it.

Don't currently know what I'm doing next needs sinew inspiration

Looking to brew a stout in the new year but would need to get my garage sorted as i've been using it as a workshop and it's a dusty mess.Any good ideas for an AG stout anyone?

Looking to brew a stout in the new year but would need to get my garage sorted as i've been using it as a workshop and it's a dusty mess.Any good ideas for an AG stout anyone?

Have you got the Greg Hughes book?
There's a couple of good ones in there, clibits black sabbath stout (search on here) has been going down very well here..

I'm going to join the York Homebrew Club at our new microbrewery in the city centre. They do a brew challenge every two months. The first two are a single hop ale and a wheat bear.

27th December Scottish 80/- brewday
Second Half January Frist Gold Pale ALe using CaraRed ..hopefully will turn out Red
February Golden Ale (with Vienna malt in it ..not sure the hops...)
Feb/March Amarillo pale ale (maybe with a bit home grown cascade in it too)
March First Gold/EKG pale ale
April- Honeydew clone -=2nd attempt
May- med /sweet Mead

stainless paddle in the post....

I don't know what i will be doing tomorrow!!!!
How does someone get so organised?
Well done mate, i envy your vision, im off to the shed to see what i can throw together 😉

Brew some Elvis juice ....and then some more!

Hooked on it since Morrisons started selling 4 for £6.00 along with SNPA and a range of others 330ml american/brewdog ales.

Dry Irish Stout

70% pale malt
20% flaked barley
10% roasted barley
one hop addition at start to 40 IBU
WLP004 yeast
Cheers for that. Just got grain order last night at work as my mate and order in turns to save delivery cost.
I ordered S04 yeast as that was in a few other recipes I have looked at.
Now to get the garage sorted.🍺

Sent from my ALE-L21

Back