challenger and citra

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

samnorfolk

Landlord.
Reaction score
Im going to do a pale ale brew,

4.5kg Pale MO
some challenger and citra?

Anyone used this combo

It's a bit like cooking with wine and garlic - you can only go wrong if you get the quantities seriously out of balance.

If you start off with excellent ingredients (like MO) and keep flavour groups together, it's going to be pretty damn good. :thumb:

I'd use challenger for bittering and citra for flavour and aroma, that'd be pretty safe. You could mix the challenger in with the flavour and aroma additions if you wanted to be experimental...personally I'm not convinced it'd work but I've been wrong many times before.

I'd use challenger for bittering and citra for flavour and aroma, that'd be pretty safe. You could mix the challenger in with the flavour and aroma additions if you wanted to be experimental...personally I'm not convinced it'd work but I've been wrong many times before.

Yeah that's my plan, would you add the citra at flameout? and then dry hop

have used citra hops with MO before in pale ales and it turned out very nice, currently dabbling with MO, Sorachi hops in the boil and Cascade for dry hopping its still fermenting so wont know for another 40 days or so

Anything along the lines of what Dr Mick said would be good just decide how bitter and how fruity you want it for the quantities.

Not as yet used Citra,however i do really like Challenger as my bittering hop. Have used it with Cascade ,Amarillo , Chinook as well as english hops. Should make a good combo:thumb: I intend to do an all Challenger brew as well.
Yup go for it

Latest posts

Back