Dry Hopping

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Samuel1

Reaction score
Hello All.

My Wife purchased a Woodfordes Nelsons Revenge Beer Kit towards my birthday presents. I usually buy beer kits where you add the hops towards the end of fermenting but this kit doesn't come with any hops Can I purchase some hops separately and add these to this kit? If so which hops would you recommend?

Thanks for the advice guys.

I've found the East Kent Golding pellets on crossmyloof brewery and the prices are really good! Thanks!
I'm going to order 100g of pellets and sprinkle them into the FV a couple of days before bottling.
Do you think this will be ok? I really do like a hoppy beer.

You should get a lovely earthy, floral aroma out of it. Too much though and they come across as resiny in my experience. Good luck!

Hello All.

My Wife purchased a Woodfordes Nelsons Revenge Beer Kit towards my birthday presents. I usually buy beer kits where you add the hops towards the end of fermenting but this kit doesn't come with any hops Can I purchase some hops separately and add these to this kit? If so which hops would you recommend?
Just bought the same kit since I can't make enough beer with the AG method to keep up with my consumption rate. Im going to put some EKG in mine but put it through a caffetierve at 60 degrees on day 10 and then add and let it all settle for 5 days and bottle. Hope that helps

Thanks Robin.

Fairly new to this but gonna give that a try. How much water would you put in the caffetierve? and would you use pellets or a different type of EKG hops.

Just dry hopped an APA with 40g Citra, 40g Centennial, 50g Summit. all pellets and all went straight in to a 5 gallon glass carboy which i use as a secondary vessel if im gonna dry hop. If you can, and I will, crash cool for 3 or 4 days before bottling/kegging.
this well help clear the hops out and all the hop mush sinks to the bottom of the FV

Just an update on my hops addition the my beer kit Woodfordes Nelson revenge.
I added East Kent Golding hops like you advised and it's worked out really well!! I usually like drinking IPA but it's nice to try something different.
Thanks for the tips guys!!

Latest posts

Back