Challenger vs Kit

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

568ml

Reaction score
HI

I got some spare Challenger hops that I would like to use up.

What kits do the panel think would well with a bit extra either as in the mix or dry hopping?

Thanks

Any bitter kit will be ok, put 25g in fermenter when topping up to 23lt then dry hop with the rest

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Thanks

I think I got about 75g left.

I wonder which kit to try/use? Done nearly all the Coopers, some of the Festivals and one from St Peter's (though not tasted that yet, as it got bottled yesterday)

Tom Caxton single kit is ment to be good, I have just bottled a Cooper's innkeeper pale ale kit which i added 500g hoppy light spraymalt, 900g light spraymalt and dry hopped casade in half batch and falconer's flight in other half, tried a bottle after a week, very decent already, very malty aswell, I find adding dry spraymalt instead of dextrose to a single can kit makes a huge difference, another week or so it should be amazing

Yeah I have done many of the recipes over on the Coopers forum and nearly always add spraymalt.

I will have a look out for Tom Caxton as I haven't tried that.

Wikos have a deal on woodfordes
5dfd8a067aeab98f234f8f03cc2a09f0.jpg

The woodfordes wherry and sundew are nice, you could add the hops to the wherry

Damn you sending me links to offers - shakes fist in your general direction - grrrrr!

... trots off to find credit card :)

By the time you buy a single kit and dry malt, these deals work out as good if not better

Back