Hop Growing 2011

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just a note on willingham nurseries - I have emailed them twice now and had no reply whatsoever - not very good for a business!!

That german site looks promising though and the prices are pretty good as well.

screamlead said:
Just a note on willingham nurseries - I have emailed them twice now and had no reply whatsoever - not very good for a business!!

That german site looks promising though and the prices are pretty good as well.

oh really that is **** cheers 4 info though :thumb:

Had a busy day down the Garden and the Hopery, All the hops are going great guns, had to do alot of weeding around them, laid some sheeting and started laying gravel around the whole area. Here's a few piccies of them already :shock:

IMG_0293.jpg

A little lonely Fuggle

IMG_0295.jpg

1 of the 2 Target

IMG_0294.jpg

1 of 2 Northdowns

IMG_0296.jpg

General view

they look good, wonder if it goes like your last crop :)

I didn't manage to get any this year :( I am still trying but I think it's 2 late in season :(

so now I'm growing loads of other stuff till I get them ruddy hops lol I am tempted to just put seeds in pots and see what happends in 3 years :)

Last year i only had 2-3 shoots on each root, as you can see theres more than that this year already.
You can get potted hops I got mine in pots from a local nursery availabe all year round :thumb: You just need to find that odd one nursery.

like I said I'm still looking so fingers crossed :D

but I will have loads of other stuff to try brew with (if they all grow haha dad said they wont but I have faith :lol: )

Local Nursery not anywhere special was surprised to see them whilst being dragged around by the wife. Soon put them in the trolley once I had seen them :thumb:

my fuggles look like them with purple stems but my challenger is all green shoots is it just that the green plants root system is younger?

i wish i had a green house to start the ones you sent off better. do you think its possible for then to sprout this year?

Don't mess with them!

You are seeing others established plants. Give them time and they will take off . . .You will in all probability not get a crop this year, but that is not as important as getting them established.

Back