priming query

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davereal

Regular.
Reaction score
hi all.just about to transfer a four finger jack to a keg.recipe says add 150g of sugar.quick check of cupboards and no white sugar.though found some demerara brown and a bag of jam sugar with pectin. and also have a bag of wilkos brewing sugar .what's best or do i run down the shop and buy a bag of white.cheers

Brewing sugar.

SCAFF

Agreed. If you run out of brewing sugar, the brown sugar is second best.

Do not add pectin to a beer or wine. It makes it cloudy. Pectin is what makes jam set.

nice one scaff. seeing no one's said . what ever you use , don't use that.i.e concerning my 3 options. thou the jam sugar with pectin would have been my last. with out investigating what pectin is.i'll get it going now. thanks

job done.took your previous advice slid and syphoned into keg 'left for 40 minutes then syphoned some into to 12 bottles .topped the bottles now upstairs in spare room. and heat belt on keg in the cellar. check a few times tonite to get the position's right for a steady low 20s degrees and looking forward to new year .cheers

p.s . cheers guys. my issue with the brewing sugar was i thought it was used for 1st fermentation. and plain ol white for carbonation.but hey sugar is sugar is sugar.now kegged and got a bit of time .may investigate. just putting it out there. what are the issues with brown sugar? if any.. cheers

Back