Bit of advice

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kman

Regular.
Reaction score
I've got all the stuff ready to my first biab but I'm thinking I need to insulate my pot (50litre from brewbuilder), I don't want to spent a lot on it and wondered if there's any recommendations that don't cost a lot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just use towel and a blanket to insulate my pot. I wrap 4 towels around it then fold 5th towel and place it on the top of the pot/other towels. This 5th towel seems to really help with the insulation (heat rising and all that I think) then cover the whole thing in a blanket. I never lose more than a couple of degrees over an hour

I just use towel and a blanket to insulate my pot. I wrap 4 towels around it then fold 5th towel and place it on the top of the pot/other towels. This 5th towel seems to really help with the insulation (heat rising and all that I think) then cover the whole thing in a blanket. I never lose more than a couple of degrees over an hour

Cheers, I will dig out the towels and see how I go

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anything that insulates it really. I'll add coats and clothes to MyQul's list

I just mentioned in another thread that I used my 25l fermenter as a mash tun the other night and without insulation it dropped 3 degrees in 30 minutes but just topped it up with hot water and when completed just drained to kettle.Shall definitely try this again 👍

Sent from my ALE-L21

Latest posts

Back