Celtic Pronunciations

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How Latin is pronounced is a fact not a question.

Sent from my HT7 using Tapatalk

How Latin is pronounced is a fact not a question...
But which are you talking about? The "classical"? Or the "ecclesiastic" and its sloppy handling of "C"s? Anyway, you are trying to drag me into arguments I've even less authority to delve into. I bow out.

I'm not dragging you, nor being involved myself, in any argument, as I said it's a simple fact of how it's pronounced, hard (which I'd already said, just didn't repeat).

I'm not dragging you, nor being involved myself, in any argument, as I said it's a simple fact of how it's pronounced, hard (which I'd already said, just didn't repeat).
Okay "classical" it is! And I'm not about to argue with that anyway.

It's the "sloppy" soft "C"s in "Caesar" (and Welsh "cwtch", actually "CH" there but same thing) that I'm rabble rousing about. At the moment I think they're due to the (roman) church in about 5th century ("ecclesiastical" Latin). And perhaps we can look forward to them being undone? (Like happened to "Boo-dika").

Crumbs, I never anticipated these sorts of conversation when I started out :geek: !

Latest posts

Back