selling vintage beer

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've got a bottle of Fuller's 2011 Vintage bought as a present at the time that they're selling for £60. I wouldn't be surprised if they just list previous vintages at a high price just to convince people that paying £6 for that year's vintage would be a worthwhile investment.

where can you find a group of gullible or less cynical than US folk who might be interested in offering cash, hmmmmmmm

pro trump foodie forums perhaps??

A mate of mine found a bottle of the 1998 vintage ale he had stashed away under his stairs and gave it to me because he didn't like the beer when he tried it new so forgot about it.

I have to say it was actually the best beer I've ever had and I'm glad I drank it rather than trying to sell it. The flavour was unbelievable, almost like port and very thick and rich. I compared it to a new vintage ale and the difference was like night and day. Although it's not the strongest beer you can get the flavour was so potent that you could have a quarter of a pint and sip at it for ages.

I definitely want to start hiding more bottles away, particularly the dark Belgian ones as they're bound to beat the Fullers of the same age.

I'd not spend £250 on a beer but don't underestimate how good they taste!

Vintage lambic and Geuze goes for an utter fortune.

I got a bottle from Cantillon last year and saw a similar one for sale on an auction website a couple of weeks ago. The highest bid was 650 euros when I last looked.

Latest posts

Back