32L boiling pan

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Motorhomebrew

AKA - RobsHomebrew
Reaction score
Would a 32L boiling pan fit in a Sink? Reason I ask is I'm wondering if it does I wont have to buy a wort chiller

The boiler will have a tap on too

Well, my first thought is that a tall, narrow one might. Whereas a short but wide one definitely won't. Depending upon the size of your sink, of course!
On a more serious note, your question interested me because at the moment I don't chill at all - I just leave to cool overnight - and I wondered if I could (should???) easily change this.
So, looking at the Malt Miller 33l s steel pot, it's apparently "square" at 35cm x 35cm. doesn't look that way from the photos - prob an optical illusion. This will nearly - but not quite - fit in my present sink, so I guess its back to "no chill" for me in my present rented accommodation. (The old pot sink that was originally in here is in the back garden - it's a rascal that would have swallowed this pot without blinking. Shame!!!)

I doubt it with a tap Rob, but I guess it depends on how big the sink is, other alternative is a bath, or these days outside the back door. but a wort chiller can be made easy enough from roll of copper tube and a paint tin or similar to coil it around.

Would a 32L boiling pan fit in a Sink? Reason I ask is I'm wondering if it does I wont have to buy a wort chiller

I have a malt miller 33l pot and no it doesn't fit in a standard sink. It's about 33cm across.

Make a chiller. Honestly I'm completely dismal when it comes to diy but it's easy. Watch a few YouTube vids on how to do it and you'll be laughing

I've made quite a few wort chillers. If you have a local plumbers merchants rather than the big diy stores 10m of 10mm copper pipe is as cheap as chips. Spend a couple of quid on a spring pipe bender and you'll be amazed at how easy they are to knock up, and for around 20 quid all in.

Yep get a chiller, even if it fit in the sink it wouldn't sufficiently cool it. not enough area to or capacity remaining to cool that amount of wort.

I've made quite a few wort chillers. If you have a local plumbers merchants rather than the big diy stores 10m of 10mm copper pipe is as cheap as chips. Spend a couple of quid on a spring pipe bender and you'll be amazed at how easy they are to knock up, and for around 20 quid all in.

How do you transport 10m of copper pipe? Lol

Carefully....

It comes loosely coiled - about 2 feet in diameter. It can be uncoiled very easily.

I bought a worth chiller for £45 and as soon as it turned up I wished I had just made one myself. It looks so easy to make. I wouldn't be without it though.

My first brew took an hour, messing around with ice and sinks full of water. With the chiller it is 20-30 min and no stress.

Latest posts

Back