Anyone a fan of

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robin54

Landlord.
Reaction score
Badgers Golden Glory??
A deep hint of peaches..
I find it remarkably refreshing - cold of course
WDYT

I do find it very refreshing
Wouldn't mind having a go at a kit clone of this..
Any suggestions??

Yup, lovely stuff. I also like their Blandford Flyer with ginger. They used to be two of my go-to beers.

Bump...anyone tried to do a kit clone of Golden Glory??
I really would love to give this a bash

Not done a clone but it is a great beer. Elderflower seems to be a critical ingredient

It's quite hard to turn a kit into a clone of another beer as the kit manufacturer has done most of the work. However I found an AG recipe in the "archives"

http://www.thehomebrewforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=15721

If you were up for a bit of Kit plus steeping grains I could probably knock something together for you to have a go
Many thanks for the reply MY..
Ill give it some thought...??? Thanks
'only cos Im really dead lazy!!
I mite be getting obsessed with something here which is really difficult to do on the cheap.

yeah its a lovely beer this... went for a brewery tour a couple of years back was very good. I think I have a clone recipe for this somewhere I'll have a look see if i can find it.....:drink:

yeah its a lovely beer this... went for a brewery tour a couple of years back was very good. I think I have a clone recipe for this somewhere I'll have a look see if i can find it.....:drink:

Thanks, that would be nice to see

Thanks, that would be nice to see

Here's the recipe I've found, i think it came from the forum from another member a couple of years back. Its an AG recipe but could be converted in to an extract brew if you liked.

For 10 lts:

2157g marris otter
66g cara malt

mash @ 67c for 90 mins
boil for 60 mins

22g fuggles @ 60 min (5.7%AA)
6g dried elderflowers @ 15 min
5.5g challanger @ 10 min (6.1%AA)
Irish moss @ 10 min
4.5g challanger @ 0 min (6.1AA)

ferment at 20c with safeale s-04 yeast

add 200ml of peach shnapps to secondary vessel or just befor bottling i assume.

OG: 1045
FG: 1011
abv: 4.42%

I've never even tried the recipe even though i got hold it probably two or three years ago, if you try it would be interested to know how you get on.

For an extract brew replace marris otter with 1622g of liquid malt extract and proceed as you would with an extract brew.
Hope this helps :thumb:

:drink: :drunk:

Thanks for the reply..that looks very interesting. Ive seen else where the use of a lot more elderflowers, but I know
these can be very overpowering so will look into that one.
Peach Schnapps...thats a possibility or a high quality (not industrial) peach essence..
Got to give this one some serious thought and research. If it comes out OK I'll wing you over a bottle.

@Robin54 sent me a bottle of his clone. Robin also sent me a page of observations along with the beer. He stated that after a couple of weeks in the bottle it didn't seem so good and that the peach and elderflower taste had drastically reduced leaving an ordinary malty taste. Concluding that he had hoped he had sent me one of the better bottles

Now tbh I'm not sure how close it is to BGG as I haven't had a bottle of the commercial stuff for years. All I can vaguely remember was that it was nice but nothing special.

As for Robins clone, either he sent me the best bottle in the batch or I have the best palet ever and I could pick out the flavours(neither of which I think is true), but this beer was stunning. It was bursting with fruit. To me it tasted quite orangey with tropical fruit undertones with perhaps even a slight hint of honey. The hopping level was great. Higher than my vague recollections of the original so making it more like a proper bitter. If Robin didnt manage to make a clone, this beer far surpasses the original. If I tried both in a pub, it'd be Robins clone every time. Robin, if this was one of your mediocre beers - send me one of your best straight away! :lol:

What was the reciepe. If it wasnt too difficult I'll be making this!

@Robin54 sent me a bottle of his clone. Robin also sent me a page of observations along with the beer. He stated that after a couple of weeks in the bottle it didn't seem so good and that the peach and elderflower taste had drastically reduced leaving an ordinary malty taste. Concluding that he had hoped he had sent me one of the better bottles

Now tbh I'm not sure how close it is to BGG as I haven't had a bottle of the commercial stuff for years. All I can vaguely remember was that it was nice but nothing special.

As for Robins clone, either he sent me the best bottle in the batch or I have the best palet ever and I could pick out the flavours(neither of which I think is true), but this beer was stunning. It was bursting with fruit. To me it tasted quite orangey with tropical fruit undertones with perhaps even a slight hint of honey. The hopping level was great. Higher than my vague recollections of the original so making it more like a proper bitter. If Robin didnt manage to make a clone, this beer far surpasses the original. If I tried both in a pub, it'd be Robins clone every time. Robin, if this was one of your mediocre beers - send me one of your best straight away! :lol:

What was the reciepe. If it wasnt too difficult I'll be making this!
Hi and thanks for the review...Im a tad stunned to be honest. I think my version is a lot hoppier than the original which I find a bit sweet, thick and cloying after one pint. The 'secret ingredients' must of done the trick, and glad you enjoyed it...Im drinking one as I type this actually but soon the cellar will be dry:(

Back