Sharp's Sea Fury

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MyQul

Chairman of the Bored
Reaction score
I was buying water for tommorows brew and noticed ASDA now sell Sharps Sea Fury. This is basically Sharps Special rebranded a bit to make it sound all dramatic and exciting.
I first tried Sharps Special when visiting the inlaws/on holiday in Cornwall. On draft its a magnificent pint. It tastes quite similar to Sharps Original so I'm guessing the Original is second running from the Special in a similar way London Pride is a second runnings from Fullers ESB.
I didn't buy any as I'm drinking Nimans porter then polishing off a mini keg of ordinary bitter this evening but I will definately next week when I go shopping

The sell Sharp's beers in my local Co-Op, the Red IPA is rather nice.

Always a bit wary of these small breweries that sell out to the big boys though, they are owned by Moulson Coors, seems like Doom Bar is available in almost every other pub these days.

Doombar is really bland. It's Ok as a supping pint but definately nothing to write home about. It's almost like the Sea Fury and Doombar are made by different breweries. The sea fury is lovely (at least on draught). I'll buy a bottle or two on the weekend to sea if it's as good in the bottle

I've not tried the Sea Fury. Sharp's isn't my favourite Brewery. Though a nice pint of Cask Doombar sitting in a Cornish Beer Garden is a pretty good experience. But that might have something to do with the whole Holiday thing.

I've got more of a soft spot for St Austell Brewery. A proper old School independent (well I think it's still independent) Brewery, which does a great Brewery Tour.
I tried a Proper Black last night. Very good it was too!

I haven't tried their Sea Fury, but I'll keep an eye out for it. I have always quite liked Sharp's beers... historically. I haven't had a Doom Bar or an Atlantic since I started brewing though, so I might find it a little plain now perhaps.

I wouldn't mind a Doom Bar recipe actually, to see if I could get something similar with a bit more to it.

The sell Sharp's beers in my local Co-Op, the Red IPA is rather nice.

Always a bit wary of these small breweries that sell out to the big boys though, they are owned by Moulson Coors, seems like Doom Bar is available in almost every other pub these days.
I find Doombar rather ordinary personally.

Latest posts

Back