Best. Band. Ever.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I couldn't pick one but any of the following would be amongst my top picks now- Alter Bridge, Shinedown, Volbeat (excellent and eclectic mix of rockabilly / metal / groove / rock). In years gone by Metallica from Ride The Lightning to Black album. Thunder takes me back; I first bought Laughing on Judgement Day in comprehensive school. And a massively honourable mention to Black Stone Cherry; an excellent southern rock band from Kentucky who I have seen everywhere from the Fleece and Firkin in Bristol to sold out arena headline tours. I've seen them 17 times. So far.
First seen Thunder in King's hall Belfast in the early 90's and they were backing Heart.Now they were fantastic then came along Heart and blew them away.Been Hooked every since.[emoji450]

Sent from my ALE-L21

Mine is Gacharic Spin/Doll$boxx they are the same band with slightly different line ups . If I could aford it I would go over to Japan to see these girls.

Just seen Thunder in Dublin Thursday week past and absolutely fantastic and obviously a more mature crowd so no swinging and swaying and plenty of crowd interaction.First class.👍🎸🎸🎸

Sent from my ALE-L21 using Tapatalk

saw Live/dead 69 last month. superb. Tom Constanten on the keys (composer with Steve reich) and a guitarist from David Crosbys band and a guitarist from Ratdog + bass and drums naturally. what an effing venue....could have drunk my beer off the toilet floor thanks to millions from roman abramovich, and the best sound system Ive ever heard...all money well spent

saw Live/dead 69 last month. superb. Tom Constanten on the keys (composer with Steve reich) and a guitarist from David Crosbys band and a guitarist from Ratdog + bass and drums naturally. what an effing venue....could have drunk my beer off the toilet floor thanks to millions from roman abramovich, and the best sound system Ive ever heard...all money well spent
what I like about this.....
is that not one of you know what Im talking about...Brilliant:grin:

Um, I do - Grateful Dead! Got most of their stuff ( on vinyl of course ). Best is Workingman's Dead, or if you're in the mood and full of psylocibin Anthem Of The Sun.

I do. Don't know anything about Live/Dead 69 though other than what you've said. Dead & Company is the "real" reincarnation of the band though IIRC.

The Jesus Lizard at The Princess Charlotte, Leicester about 1994. Best gig i have ever seen, by a mile.

Worst, Manic Street Preachers - i liked some of their songs but live they were dull dull dull

The Jesus Lizard at The Princess Charlotte, Leicester about 1994. Best gig i have ever seen, by a mile.

Worst, Manic Street Preachers - i liked some of their songs but live they were dull dull dull

The Jesus Lizard was a great live band. I have a feeling this was probably when they were over for the Reading Festival.

The Charlotte is sadly long gone now too...

Back