• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to The Homebrew Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

WANTED: Ready made fermination fridge-NOT DIY-North East area please

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Once again I'm after a fermination fridge!
This time I've listened "how about DIY
Your own?"
TBH with my disabitly and DIY skills none existing! It never took off!!
Hrs of learning...it's all about somebody making a one for me!!
That in self is never took place..one thing or another (people are working can't get to mine blah blah!)
So..
If any one has a fully functional ferm fridge (doesn't matter how it looks like lol) and your are up grading etc I'd love to hear from you?
I've got one hand to help to get into the car!! Lol
I've got my inkbird and if needs be I've got a greenhouse heater aswell!
As long the holes and the shelf is already done! Plug n go!
Like I said it has to be none DIY as I've covered.
Obviously a ferm fridge can't be a massive one like ones I've looked for 2 FV's coz the car is only a corsa!!
Pm me please n we'll talk about more?
Thank you viewing

Bri why not pick a suitable fridge and buy all the bits needed then get a local electrician to do the work for you, i cannot imagine it would cost much and you would have a guarantee on the fridge and controller etc.

Where are you in North East. Have you tried Gumtree for a fridge? I'm in Billingham, an electrician and would happily build a shelf and connect stuff up for you if you are local and we can sort a fridge.

Hello lads,
Thank you for the advice.
BigCol has pm'd and could help me if I get a fridge..get it!
So now as you say I have to go on gumtree etc and get one...
now how about the size of the fridge hoping my brewbucket fits...I'll look at the measurement and get back to yous..:-)
Thx

Slowly does it! My BrewBucket measures 23" high...13" diameter..
Then the largest FV (without airlock) is 20" H & 11" diameter.
So the fridge to hold the BB with ease..after a false shelf with the heating underneath..
Gumtree hear I go...

Hi!
My fridge has two "compartments" 56 cm high (just over 22 inches).
Here's a photo - it's in mid mod so not too tidy.

vvvvvvvvvvv.jpg

Hi!
Roof rack? :lol:
If you could get hold of one this size second-hand, the photo shows how easy the mod is for two FVs, if you had someone to do the cutting and measuring etc.

Been there! N still waiting!! My pals talk a good one!! Lol but unfortualy with busy lives n stuff! I understand!!
But it's 'self help!' Or pay a bloke..n I'll get it done when want it!!
I'm still waiting for an large fridge 3 months ago!! How many can a bloke say is the bloke able to deliver..then I gave up and the fridge was gone!!!
Ohhhh! Well if I get one I'll persevere!!

Never forget that a Brew Fridge is just ONE of many options, especially when it comes to economy and DIY. :thumb:

Here's a photograph of what my wife christened "The Contraption". It worked perfectly and could hold a 25 litre Wilco FV and a Full-House of bottles for conditioning.

At the moment I have a single Brew Fridge which only gives an "either/or" option so, although the control is a lot better in the summer, getting rid of The Contraption has been a bit of a backward step for winter brewing! :doh: :doh:

Contraption 2.jpg

Contraption 3.jpg

Never forget that a Brew Fridge is just ONE of many options, especially when it comes to economy and DIY. :thumb:

Here's a photograph of what my wife christened "The Contraption". It worked perfectly and could hold a 25 litre Wilco FV and a Full-House of bottles for conditioning.

At the moment I have a single Brew Fridge which only gives an "either/or" option so, although the control is a lot better in the summer, getting rid of The Contraption has been a bit of a backward step for winter brewing! :doh: :doh:

WTF!! Lol
I've seen it all now pal!!
Bloody great, does the job that all that matters...
Thought about a insulated chamber even drew pics (bri aged 3.4years old!) got all the inkbird, small heater & a various pc fans...
But it's the cooling to get the lager cooled is going to be my prob..
And using my battered brain..
And unfortunately a pal that talk a good job to make it!!! That was months ago...200 round trip to his to drop off the materials....might be 2018 after a year of "mate can u start on the ferm chamber?"
Like BigCol said if I do the hard work getting one delivered...and see where I am with it...
Did I say NO DIY? Ha ha!
Even a old disabled crazy bloke with one hand and a few brain cells left...could fashion a fridge!!
WELL WE SEE...once I get the fridge I'll open a new thread and start with the pics...and hope all budding HB Members can help every Step of the way...like a WIP
Makes for a good laugh! And others feel that they've contributed.
We made it together...your knowledge..my limited DIY skills..
I've got a drill..a workbench a loads of clamps (using with various items when I was learning woodworking and leather making!) so I'm not a daft as you may think! Haha! Waiting for someone it put me right on that one!! Haha!
I'll ring that company the morra and all going well if they can get up the stairs into my man cave...
'project Bri's fermination fridge' commences...
Fired up tbh!!

I wish I was closer to you Bri so I could help you with the DIY, but I hope some of the local brewers above will help and see you right.:thumb:

Thx pal
I'm touch for your help!
I did say no diy lol
TBH it's the only way for me to get it sorted lol
Like I said gives you all a thread to put your input every step of the way!
I love WIP's....a good laugh and seeing what that crazy northern come up with next!!
Starting with a pic of me n the bairn...
I'm fugly as sin!!

N one for the ladies!

Back