A blast from the past. (Favourite sweets when you were a kid)

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chippy_Tea

Administrator.
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Camera film in a cartridge jeez i feel old. :lol:

CJo8IP8WEAE88-X.jpg:large

Christ on a bike I remember all those. I bet that Astro Wars game is worth a bob or two. I got that when it came out and it was cutting edge. Now it's like something from medieval times.

Never mind half new pence I remember a farthing (quarter old pence).
Still got a double cassette desk which gets used occasionally (although one side no longer works ).
16k Speccy, cost me �£125 in 1982 (apparently that's about �£400 in today's money :-?); Hungry Horace, cheap c15? cassettes, learn to program in Basic.
Nuff said.......

The only thing I cannot make out is the thing under wimpy next to the record player.

Blast from the past my **** I was in c and a in October last year in Spain!!!!!

How hard is it to spell SWAN :lol:

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GvPAS6W3q78[/ame]

WOW!

Remember them? They are all "New Innovations". :whistle:

Even that soccer ball was one of the "new" lightweight ones!

The ones I started playing with could leave "lace marks" on your forehead that lasted well into the following week!

It was also essential to treat them with Dubbin ... :thumb:

... because when they got soaking wet they weighed enough to rip a knee apart after one goal-kick! :whistle:

http://www.soccerballworld.com/History.htm#Soccer Balls in the 1900's

Great that I remember all of them one way or another, mind you that's a new pound note!

One thing i really dont miss is a soggy leather football in the face during a mid winter pe lesson.
thank goodness the tories sold off all the playing fields..

Being 29 and from 'Ull originally my mam user to drag me around the centre shopping and one of those weird childhood memories is a rainbow sign.
Recently discovered it was a C&A shop. Was only 5 at the time. But I also remember my raleigh wolf, road rash for sega, and BEING OUTSIDE!

Camera film in a cartridge jeez i feel old. :lol:

CJo8IP8WEAE88-X.jpg:large

I would venture a guess and say wimpy is still bigger than mcdonalds in south africa.
Many of Engine fuel stations has a wimpy inside and are open 24/7

They are known for their anti-hangover breakfasts. Greasy eggs and bacon, some sausages or a steak.
After a night of heavy drinking you sip some cream soda and eat a wimpy breakfast.

I grew up with all of those items.

The sad thing is I remember when the pictured Toffo sweets used to be called Toff - O Luxe.

Spangles acid drops were always my favourite, the precursor to my later love of anything sour such as vinegar, lemon, and more recently grapefruit IPas

Latest posts

Back